Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
la bala

Another specialist tool.

Recommended Posts

Been working with the boy today on his Landy 90. After a good tip from ditchman how to get the crankshaft damper nut off, next came the damper itself. Now I am no time served engineer or fabricator, but isnt life so much easier when, if you need something you have the bits and bobs in your workshop to codge something together. Some poor unfortunates would have to order it up and maybe wait a week for it to be delivered. That damper would have been a right pain to get off without this piece of plate and some threaded bar. Or should I say this specialist LR puller.:lol:

Capture puller.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Necessity is the mother of all invention. Great when you have the knowledge to make what you need out what's to hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ditchman said:

great stuff........i have loads of bits which i made...i will have to put a few up................:good:

Said Simon to fat Sarah.:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

weeellll..............that coming from some superanuated lounge lizard .....pot calling the kettle black..........me thinks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ditchman said:

weeellll..............that coming from some superanuated lounge lizard .....pot calling the kettle black..........me thinks

Well you make all sorts of things ditchman and you have said you help the plump one out from time to time.

Can I ask a favour ditchman :lol:, what sort of job is the front crank seal on a 200tdi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Is there a nut inside the Gedore socket?

The 10mm plate is 12mm threaded, the socket is just being used as spacer Gordon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I assumed there was a nut inside the Gedore socket or the plate was threaded. I just couldn't work out why the nut / spacer was needed. That said - a very decent bit of work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, la bala said:

Well you make all sorts of things ditchman and you have said you help the plump one out from time to time.

Can I ask a favour ditchman , what sort of job is the front crank seal on a 200tdi.

you have 2 seals a dust seal on the case plate.......then the crank seal.............crank gear off  (slides off the key easy)....get a 2.5mm welding rod   ...sharpen it to a point and put a small tight curve in it and shove it thro the seal and pull...............degrease the crank and housing.....little bit of silicon mastic (high temp)...push / tap new seal in position

 

job done ........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ditchman said:

you have 2 seals a dust seal on the case plate.......then the crank seal.............crank gear off  (slides off the key easy)....get a 2.5mm welding rod   ...sharpen it to a point and put a small tight curve in it and shove it thro the seal and pull...............degrease the crank and housing.....little bit of silicon mastic (high temp)...push / tap new seal in position

 

job done ........

Thank you kind sir.:good:

7 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

I assumed there was a nut inside the Gedore socket or the plate was threaded. I just couldn't work out why the nut / spacer was needed. That said - a very decent bit of work.

The spacer was there because some silly old duffer cut the threaded bar too long.:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...