FAC - Medical Certificate Invoice

Trenta

On 26/11/2018 at 12:50, peejay said:

my firearms officer  told me that they dont send a report.. its the firearms dept telling the doctor that you are a firearm licence holder and its their duty to report to the firearms if you go and see them with any mental health/depression issues...

Same here in West Mercia. Any issue and they tell the Police.

Although i have had problems in the past when my Doctor was on holiday. The Doctor who sent the letter was an "Anti" . It caused me some short term problems until my own Doctor was back at work and it was sorted. Good job my Doc is so good really. He's written a brief letter by hand in the past, signed it and rubber stamped it, then gave it to me. Having said that he's a keep shooter himself...

5 minutes ago, blackbird said:

With the new system in place I really can not see a reason not to switch to a life time licence (no need for renewal) because if it is the case of if you visit your doctor for help with depression etc he is the one that will notify the police as it will flag up on the doctors pc that you hold guns.

And that is a valid point. It's some years ago now since I had the discussion with BASC where I was told a GP's report would become compulsory and we would get 10 year tickets as a compromise, but indeed, if the GP's report and 'flagging' is the safeguard ( or more accurately **** covering exercise ) ACPO desire, then whey not a lifetime ticket? Perhaps this is the 'compromise' our shooting organisations should be pushing for. 

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Then why have you not changed practice?

All this polavor happend on Friday, it’s now Monday and I’ve phoned to change surgery and it’s going through all the process of registering with a new surgery, just got to wait for the forms to be delivered to me to get the ball rolling.

6 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Then why have you not changed practice?

Just for the record, I cannot change my practice. In my Trust area your postcode decides which practice you are assigned to and its not negotiable. But I have never seen or even met the GP to which I am assigned. Partly because I rarely go there but when I do its always a locum. and never the same one twice.

In reality, (this is London remember) more and more people are using the private walk in centres that are springing up all over the place for lots of ailments . Much more convenient but also no record should you want there to be no record for whatever reason. It may not be FAC related. Lots of people, pilots, coach drivers, .train drivers, police officers etc even taxi drivers and TV personalities may have things they don't want in the public domain. and all your medical records are now on line so anyone with a password can access them.

Edited by Vince Green