TOOK MY FLINTER OUT FOR A SHOT AT A GOOSE.

four bore

WENT ON MY NORTH TRIP WITH MY SHOOTING PAL AND TOOK MY 10 BORE FLINTER [ WHICH I HAVE BEEN USEING A BIT. ]  I HAVE BEEN WATCHING A FEW GEESE FLIGHTING DOWN A VALLY.
WHEN CONDITIONS WERE RIGHT, I FOUND A SUITABLE PLACE TO KEEP OUT OF SIGHT, THE FIRST GREY THAT CAME  I MISSED  THE NEXT A GOOD BIT OF LEAD AND DOWN IT CAME, ALSO ONE MORE A BIT LATER  I WAS VERY PLEASED. SAT TO WATCH A FEW MORE PASS BY, THEN A SINGLE LONE MALLARD CAME SWUNG WELL THROUGH IT AND DOWN IT CAME, I CALLED IT A DAY WELL
PLEASED WITH MY MORNING FLIGHT AND NOW OF FOR A BIT OF BREAKFAST.

FOUR  BORE.

SAM_3110.JPG

Fantastic stuff 4b, just shows how efficient the old guns could be. I would not think that there would be many individuals such as yourself using the old arms for what they were made for.

A gentleman by the name of feltwad used to post on here regular and had some lovely old guns he used to post up, have not seen any posts from him in a while.

atb

7diaw

THE OLD STUFF DOES THE JOB VERY WELL DONE RIGHT.  YOU TEND TO TAKE A BIT MORE TIME ON WHAT YOUR SHOOTING AT AND IF POSSIBLE MAKE EACH SHOT COUNT.
ITS A BIT MORE MESSING ABOUT, I PRE CHARGE CONTAINERS WITH THE RIGHT POWDER AND SHOT CHARGES.
WILL TRY AND GET A FEW MORE PICTURES ON BEFORE THE SEASON ENDS.

FOUR  BORE.

SOME GREAT COMMENTS THANKS....!      I KNOW IF YOU ARE IN SOME CLUBS THEY ARE NOT TO HAPPY ABOUT POSTING THEM, THE CLUBS THAT I AM IN I NEVER POST ANYTHING.
ODD COMMENTS, THIS POST IS A PLACE I GO TO FOR A SHOT, THEIR IS NO CLUB ANY WHERE NEAR...!

FOUR  BORE.

Well Done Four Bore, I have shot a few geese with my old guns, but all been percussion, and I have not shot a flinter, always fancied one.

Would love to see more of your photographs. I have a friend in the Hull area, who try's to get out with his m/l guns every week, like you he is happy to bring back a bird for the table, and enjoys the old guns.

Bill 

• 4 weeks later...