wifi booster

davewh100

1 hour ago, Sha Bu Le said:

Have a google look at these, "TP Link" been using a pair for a few years now, they have performed very well. Plus they were reasonably priced, even from PC World. hink I paid about £16 ish pounds around 4 years ago. 

I've used these too and would recommend also 👍

5 hours ago, hawkfanz said:

it may work just moving the router to a different position.

tryed this no better

5 hours ago, ph5172 said:

If you have a new sky router you can only use their booster (and it has to be a sky q booster not the older one) without a lot of faffing around the likes of TPlink and other big brands wont pair

it's a bt router

5 hours ago, Sha Bu Le said:

Have a google look at these, "TP Link" been using a pair for a few years now, they have performed very well. Plus they were reasonably priced, even from PC World. hink I paid about £16 ish pounds around 4 years ago. 

Will give these ago thanks for the info mutch appreciate

dave

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/11/2018 at 18:18, JohnfromUK said:

I use BT Whole Home.

https://www.shop.bt.com/learnmore/bt-branded-products-and-services/bt-whole-home-wi-fi/

Available from Amazon, Curry's etc.  Not cheap, but works well.

just picked the BT whole Home up the 3 disc pack these are amazing like you say not cheep, well worth it to me very happy indeed

Glad you are pleased.  It works very well for me (had it about 9 months).  There were some 'teething troubles' - but now cured by an update (back in the summer).  I have turned off the 'steering' as this didn't work well with my MacBook ........ which prefers to steer itself.  It seems only Macs that need this tweak.  iOS devices, security camera etc. were all OK.  I have had to do a reset/restart once since the update in August.

I use a unifi WiFi access point at the other end of the house upstairs. It works very well.

Tried a expensive tp link that sends signal down the power cable then puts out WiFi in a garden building, it's total carp and is going to get returned as it just keeps dropping out and re pairing.