Post - op recovery

rapid .25

Home at last, operation on my spine went well, the next 6 to 8 weeks are going to be hell, stuck indoors doing gentle exercises, no driving , and the worst thing of all is I have to make sure none of my guns are over a certain weight which means I definitely have to part with my favourite tool, my MK1 rapid fac which I have had for over 10 years and has always been my " go to" gun of choice for walk about pest control it will hurt parting with it but there's no way I could even think of carrying that weight around, I'm really looking forward to getting back into the fields on the pigeons and thank you to hawkfanz ( John), for his very kind offer to help me get back into the swing of things when I'm fit enough, if it wasn't for this forum I don't know how I'd pass the days at least we have a forum that isn't full of ****", and members ripping into other members, it's nice to have all the updates from the fields and different members experiences in the field, " keep it coming", anyway I'm off to the gun cabinets to see what I'll be able to use and what I have to part with and replace with something lighter, good luck to everyone that's going shooting in the near future, atb Ian

Don't sell your Rapid, just put it to one side, in a year or so you might well be fit enough to shoot it again even if you have to use a sling and sticks. And you know how hard it will be finding another. I didn't shoot mine for a good few years but I'm so glad i didn't sell her.

As for the rehab, take your time mate do all your physio and you should be back on the pigeon in no time, on the bright side your only missing the wet and cold months.

51 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Don't sell your Rapid, just put it to one side, in a year or so you might well be fit enough to shoot it again even if you have to use a sling and sticks. And you know how hard it will be finding another. I didn't shoot mine for a good few years but I'm so glad i didn't sell her.

As for the rehab, take your time mate do all your physio and you should be back on the pigeon in no time, on the bright side your only missing the wet and cold months.

I agree with Mice.

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

Good luck with your convalescent , and I hope you are soon back in the field after making a full recovery from the operation on your back :good:

Cheers marsh man, it will be a very long few weeks.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Thanks mice, I really don't want to part with the rapid but I can't see me being able to use it again, 

3 minutes ago, hawkfanz said:

ian keep the rapid,just lay it up for a while,if i can get you out on them blacks round your place how about u try my armsan gas auto 20g,24gram 6,s will be ok for weight and recoil,how would that suit?

Brilliant John, I'll look forward to that mate.👍

21 minutes ago, rapid .25 said:

Cheers marsh man, it will be a very long few weeks.

Thanks mice, I really don't want to part with the rapid but I can't see me being able to use it again, 

There's no rush mate, having a look at Johns bsa might be an idea, ultra stu has one or five in fac, probably a lot lighter than your rapid.

16 hours ago, Mice! said:

There's no rush mate, having a look at Johns bsa might be an idea, ultra stu has one or five in fac, probably a lot lighter than your rapid.

Cheers mice, I won't be rushing anything bud, it was a bit of a scare so I'm going to make sure I get the re-hab part of it done right, my rapid unfortunately is even heavier than a standard one as it is dressed in a 24"Steve peg shrouded barrel with a 10" Steve peg mod, it might sound a bit o.t.t. but it's the most accurate.22 air rifle I've ever shot, and that includes a cricket I bought some time ago to replace it with and I ended up selling the cricket after only 6 weeks. ( Big money loss there).

16 hours ago, Benthejockey said:

The best physio I’ve found for any injury I’ve ever had was swimming. As soon as my wounds had healed and I was allowed to get in the water. Hope you heal quickly. 

Thanks bud, "" I wish I could swim" lol.

Edited by rapid .25
Entered wrong size for barrel.

49 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

Best wishes for a 'rapid' recovery.:good:

Thank you bud 👍

3 minutes ago, browning123 said:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and don't try to do too much.........and you will reap the benefits in the long run.

Thanks bud, I'll definitely be taking everything slowly, 🏃🏄🏇???? 🐢Now that's more like it.lol.