Wet morning on the pinks and teal.

sako751sg

Been leaving them on this bit to build a wee bit but when i looked yesterday they were spread over 4 fields so choice of where to hide first thing in the morning was daunting.

Took our chance and although not all came in we packed up after 10 and left them still piling in so hopefully another crack later in the week.Would have been 6-8k and superb to be under them for a morning.Not many heads left on the ground this year but over spill from the combine is growing in bouts and they are gleaning that.

Was soaked but headed to a pond knowing theres 80-100 teal on it daily and came away with 5 which ended the morning fine.

Sat here in the quiet with a dram and can still hear the geese in the lugs and probably will most of the night.

Also had a walk the other day for a mixed bag and then on to the ducks.Pigeon numbers here just now are incredible with huge clouds of them working the stibble.

uSwVijL.jpg

oZPT8cI.jpg

iKcSZ1w.jpg

T5pnsqh.jpg

PYiOOVK.jpg

10WgWyB.jpg

zUI8AGr.jpg

4jlsjVG.jpg

My6YDRG.jpg

lKD1hE6.jpg

k1scx2C.jpg

esWQ9N7.jpg

Sat here in the quiet with a dram and can still hear them in the lugs and probably will most of the night.

6 minutes ago, Whitebridges said:

Superb photo's and write up. Thank you for posting.  

Are they Whooper or Berwick swans in the penultimate photo?

Cheers Bud.

Ive always just presumed they are Whoopers as the necks are comically long and looking at the beaks these are.We get absolutely loads here over the winter and mix a lot with the geese,and usually Greys.

Suppose we might have Bewicks too but the majority are Whoopers.

35 minutes ago, sako751sg said:

Cheers Bud.

Ive always just presumed they are Whoopers as the necks are comically long and looking at the beaks these are.We get absolutely loads here over the winter and mix a lot with the geese,and usually Greys.

Suppose we might have Bewicks too but the majority are Whoopers.

Whoopers for me but wondered if you had Berwicks. Thanks for the reply, you had a great day or two !  

Edited by Whitebridges
spelling

54 minutes ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Great write up and pics as usual, what a fantastic sight!

atb

7diaw

Cheers fella,and agree,great sight and sound.

35 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Brilliant outings as always Dave , awesome sight seeing and hearing so many geese , you are a lucky man

Ta Mark,and very lucky indeed.

31 minutes ago, aga man said:

Blimey! I have never seen so many geese in one place before. Great pics Sako.:good:

Ta bud.

That pic isnt even showing half that field,plus there was another 3 will thousands on too.One of that mornings where too many choice to site the hide.

7 minutes ago, Konnie said:

Been up years ago and shot strathbeg  absolutely amazing place, chap that sorted it was a character, had the geese dressed at I think it was mintlaw

Great area for sure.

Ex fisherman,Davie?Just out of Mintlaw,Rora?He dresses loads of stuff and a character right enough.

4 minutes ago, Bluebarrels said:

As always mate cracking photo's,you are a very lucky chap💂‍♂️

Ta bud,and totally agree,lucky indeed.

Fantastic breakfastime read there Sako...thanks. You can almost hear those geese from the photographs. What could be better for most of us on this forum than being out there in the elements surrounded by such a concentration & variety of wildlife, the shooting would be a bonus I think. Great pictures & a happy wee dog.

6 hours ago, Konnie said:

Think the guide was ian Robertson Or robinson

How long ago bud,that name doesnt ring a bell at all.

Few folk doing but never heard of him.

4 hours ago, pbutd said:

Fantastic breakfastime read there Sako...thanks. You can almost hear those geese from the photographs. What could be better for most of us on this forum than being out there in the elements surrounded by such a concentration & variety of wildlife, the shooting would be a bonus I think. Great pictures & a happy wee dog.

Many thanks fella.

Great to still get out with the old fella too.

3 hours ago, motty said:

Andy Richardson?

Havent seen him up here for a long time Motty.

Never had much time for him anyway and dont think many have.