Golden Dragon knife scales.

fatchap

Need some help, has anyone had any experience with Juma Golden dragon knife scales?

I have just finished a knife and fitted it with these scales, now on the website they look fantastic all shiney and with the inlaid gold scales. But I am having trouble getting them to "pop"

I can achieve the effect on the top and bottom of the handle but the sides they remain unclear, I have spent hours polishing the granny out them to no avail.

Is there a nack to these scales or have I been duped by some photoshop expertise?

1137099289_photo1(2).JPG.af76e98c4d71b3c74b5eab088c863754.JPG

You can see the effect clear enough here on the top.

1002216180_photo2(1).JPG.2413631769eef42114a00595729b75ee.JPG

And here.But a side view is not so good...........

706197262_photo3.JPG.771183a45b04b1b69adb31e410a27740.JPG

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong. As I have spent hours on this knife and to be honest the scales arnt the cheapest so I am a tad disappointed.

Ok so explain what you have been doing upto now to get the effect you have upto . So they are resin cast . Two ways you can do to get a pop finish you are looking for .one and you need to read up on it is a supper glue finish it uses also a stuff to make the superglue dry faster. The other way is a polishing machine . The bench grinder type with the mops and paste blocks.here is something i did on the lathe i cast the resin when finished turning it i had to go through diff wet and dry paper . Then on to polish it with the mops so i could get it back to a glass look.

cross0.6224361.jpg