The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs,Coen Brothers Movie.

sako751sg

Watching a wee bit more TV with this rubbish weather and just recommending this if anybody hasnt seen it,although obviously my taste wont suit all.

6 short western tales and a great watch for me.Very dark times showing how hard it probably was in those days but also a mix of genuine and dark humour with some great scenes and scenery.

Not a major film fan but this hits the spot.

28 minutes ago, sako751sg said:

Watching a wee bit more TV with this rubbish weather and just recommending this if anybody hasnt seen it,although obviously my taste wont suit all.

6 short western tales and a great watch for me.Very dark times showing how hard it probably was in those days but also a mix of genuine and dark humour with some great scenes and scenery.

Not a major film fan but this hits the spot.

The star of the title role was interviewed on R2 a couple of weeks ago so made a point of watching it. Cracking film; enjoyed it immensely. 👍

31 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

The series Ozark on Netflix is worth a watch too. Handy to watch at 4am when Mrs BTJ needs a rest from baby BTJ. 

Favourite series at the moment of both OH and me; not quite Breaking Bad but it certainly keeps you wondering what's going to happen next. Best characters are Buddy ( Harris Bulin ) and Ruth.

56 minutes ago, sako751sg said:

Find Netflix pretty good and Narcos Mexico is not long out with season 3.

Also second season of Making Of A Murderer.Binge watched season 1 and 2 in about 2 days and didnt want it to stop.

Daughter and me were avid fans of Narcos, but I haven’t seen Narcos Mexico. She will binge watch Orange is the New Black. 

Son has highly recommended Making of a Murderer, but haven't seen that either. 

OH sits with her face behind a cushion when The Haunting of Hill House is on, and while we watched The Autopsy of Jane Doe some time ago, a fly landed on her face and she jumped and I nearly pooped meself! 😂

Must admit I do like Netflix. 

10 hours ago, Scully said:

Favourite series at the moment of both OH and me; not quite Breaking Bad but it certainly keeps you wondering what's going to happen next. Best characters are Buddy ( Harris Bulin ) and Ruth.

Just watched the finale of S1 with the baby this morning. She’s quite the fan. Got disappointed that it was nearly finished and then BAM there’s a second season! That’s the next few sleepless nights sorted. 

I liked the haunting of hill house. Especially the way it did an episode from everyone’s perspective. 

10 hours ago, Scully said:

Daughter and me were avid fans of Narcos, but I haven’t seen Narcos Mexico. She will binge watch Orange is the New Black. 

Son has highly recommended Making of a Murderer, but haven't seen that either. 

OH sits with her face behind a cushion when The Haunting of Hill House is on, and while we watched The Autopsy of Jane Doe some time ago, a fly landed on her face and she jumped and I nearly pooped meself! 😂

Must admit I do like Netflix. 

Narcos Mexico seems to have very little connection to Season 1 and 2.Only watched the first episode but should binge over the weekend.

Highly recommend MOAM,so many discrepancies with the case and police corruption its unbelievable.

Dont think ive seen the Hill House one but will now and Jane Doe was a good watch.

So much good stuff comes on Netflix and not even sure how much it costs as the missus deals with it but probably worth it.

10 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

just started if it is anything like the first 2 seasons should be good:good:

Seasons 1 and 2 were addictable and hopefully the 3rd is too.Seems to be totally away from anyone involved with the first 2.

9 hours ago, getthegat said:

Been a western fan all my life, will be checking this out. Cheers for the heads up.

Well worth a watch fella.

Humourous at times and then can be pretty dark but life was probably like that.

3 hours ago, Westward said:

Highly recommend Narcos Mexico. Probably a bit too intense and mentally draining to binge it, but it's gripping stuff from start to finish. Long wait for the next series though.😞

Should I have seen regular 'Narcos' before watching Narcos Mexico or does the latter not rely on an understanding of the former?

39 minutes ago, AdamSouthEast said:

Should I have seen regular 'Narcos' before watching Narcos Mexico or does the latter not rely on an understanding of the former?

Narcos will leave you speechless. I wasn’t aware of it, but at its height, there were so many dollars leaving the USA and going into Columbia that Escobar and others were having to use diggers to bury the cash, and caused the US government to regard it as a serious threat to the US economy! 

Extremely violent and a true story. Well worth watching. 

26 minutes ago, Scully said:

Narcos will leave you speechless. I wasn’t aware of it, but at its height, there were so many dollars leaving the USA and going into Columbia that Escobar and others were having to use diggers to bury the cash, and caused the US government to regard it as a serious threat to the US economy! 

Extremely violent and a true story. Well worth watching. 

Narcos is excellent,but Hollywooded up a lot.

If you want a truer version,less exciting,way more drawn out,but way more facts and fills in way more gaps then PABLO ESCOBAR EL PATRON DEL MAL is the one to watch.I started it not realising there were 74 episodes but just kept on going.At times a wee bit slow,but i did a recommendation on CHECKHOOKBOXING and the resident Columbian on there said that Narcos is a crock of ***** compared to EL PATRON.