Sign in to follow this  
gsalmons

Browning Warranty - transfer question

Hi all

Following on from my previous post about a 692/725, I've seen an excellent condition 18 month old 725

Going second hand will save me approx £400, but will it be worth it if there's no warranty for the s/h purchaser? Would it be a better option to take the £hit on new and get the full warranty?

Any advice is welcome

My cert is expected to arrive over the next week so I'm wanting to ensure my gun decision will last several years! 

Thanks 

Buy the second hand one. I’ve had my 525 for around five years and it’s been faultless  and done thousands of carts. Spend the £400 on a second hand pump for the fun.

16 minutes ago, Duckandswing said:

Buy the second hand one. I’ve had my 525 for around five years and it’s been faultless  and done thousands of carts. Spend the £400 on a second hand pump for the fun.

I bought mine from Sportsmans probably 15 years ago when they were doing a good deal on them and think that was near when they first came out.

Would have put 20+k through it and no issues at all.

hi is the gun off a trader or a private sale.if you are getting it off a dealer ask them for a 12 month warranty most rfds will do this if you are paying a fair amount on a gun . at least it will give youpiece of mind for a year.

I bought a new 725 20b black edition 2 years ago. On the 3rd day in Soth africa after putting a 1000 shells through it in less than 4 hours the stock split!

As I had 2cm taken off the stock warranty was invalidated!

It was only the persistence of the shop that got me the refund!