Decent waterproof shoes!

sandspider

Hi all

As above really. I'm after a decent pair of waterproof shoes. I have wellies and walking boots, but I need something more shoe like for damp walking to work etc. when wellies or walking boots would be overkill.

I've had approach shoes in the past, but they never last long, and I find the thick, padded uppers a bit sweaty and grim for a long day. I was wondering if there's a decent leather shoe that will last, keep water out properly, be comfortable and look reasonable. Budget up to £100 I suppose, though less would be better! Kind of like a golf shoe, but less stiff and without the studs?

Any thoughts? Thanks.

I was in a similar position, I wanted some winter boots that I could wear with chinos or jeans as I walk a lot round London for work visiting various sites and offices, plus for going to the pub in the country for dinner etc. 

I tried Timberland but my feet are too wide so I've got some Sorel chukka boots which are waterproof and so comfortable! I'd never heard of them until my wife get me some of their snowboots for our upcoming trip to Lapland. Anyway mine were in their clearance reduced from £160 to £80 and definitely worth it! 

I can't find what I need in the UK so I have just ordered from the US, a pair of Rocky 'Outback' soft leather, gore tex boots (really mid calf height shoes!) as I need the support, due to extensive ankle surgery! 

These are to replace the Cabelas ones I have owned for some eight years and have used almost daily, for over four years....unfortunately, Cabelas won't post to the UK now!

I hope the Rocky ones are as good?

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, sandspider said:

They look good. Overkill for my  needs though!

I ended up with a pair of Beaulys by waldlaufer. So far very comfortable, and lighter and better made than my previous goretex type shoes. Not cheap though. We'll see how they last.

Ah! Similar to the Clarks gore tex "Rockie Lo" shoes I bought a while back! Unfortunately I can't wear em, as they offer no ankle support!😡

Hope the Beaulys serve you well!

10 hours ago, kev56 said:

Got these a year ago, actually bought 2 pair as i like to not wear the same every day, also got a good deal on them. Good for smart casual and well made.

Brasher classic.bl_250743_a.jpg.9e0f77902146a52ae80fe7f6e9d1f149.jpg

I've worn these for years up till about 3/4 years ago, excellent shoe but the leather has a tendency to crack across the instep...I believe it because the leather is worked too hard during manufacture?...... Brasher have I believe been taken over by Berghaus.