What Drone

billytheghillie

I'd go good used so long as not too old, technology changes quickly and qauality and ease of use get better all the time. For your budget your looking at a good toy rather than a good piece of kit. 

I looked at them months ago and the high prices put me off. Around a grand for something to get good video and flight.

Mate bought one for either eight or six hundred can't remember exactly price and it was only ok picture quality wise.

There were or are members on here who fly drones for a living,bit of luck they will chip in with advice.

Edited by figgy

18 hours ago, johnphilip said:

Hi again i would sell for 180 pounds posted . It will come with loads of extras . That cost a lot of money . Loads of props a separate charger . 3 batteries . Will enclose a picture of the drone and stuff.

-76122478590510432740.0.jpg

If you have facebook messenger i can show you a video of me flying it .

You must be a very confident operator with all those spare props 🙂 

12 minutes ago, timmytree said:

Annoy other people? 😄

I've never wanted a gun rack to go with the rod holders on the yak more than when one of these things rocks up and spoils the peace! What I wouldn't give to be able to reach round behind the seat, pull out a shotgun and blast the things to smithereens...

Yesterday while at work we had a young lad turn up with a hand set controller loudly bleeping away. Excuse me I think my drone has blown over here in the wind.

I put my jacket on and we went to search for it. last image was of the housing estate on our southern boundary.

As we walked he said it was £900 worth and his Dad was sitting in the car waiting. He was quite worried that we would not be able to find it or that it would have been damaged.

Luckily it was sitting on a patch of gravel next to the oil store and was recovered intact.

He was very relieved to have it back and I bet his Father was happy too.

Lot of money for a 5 minute wonder that flew away in the wind!

2 hours ago, Jaymo said:

You must be a very confident operator with all those spare props 🙂 

The drone has two sets if props , they are not all the same. I like to balance my props , helps with a smoother flight. To buy in the uk they are quite dear . So i got those direct from china .when you land sometimes the land can be soft. The last thing you want to do is take of again with soil on your props and crash . So just carry spares and swap them over in the field . When i get home i give them a good clean . Hope this explains why so many .

I was deeply ****** off to find when galloping the horses down the beach one lovely evening with the better half that we were being chased by a drone doing what was clearly an excellent impression of the mother of all horse flies. Downright dangerous use of the thing though I bet the footage would have been nice. 

They do look fun to play with though. I hope you have a great time with whatever you get, but use it sensibly. 

3 hours ago, clay shooter said:

I have made mine into a flying pigeon using a shell and wings from a magnet decoy..thought it would spook em. But works t bring them in nearer..cost £129.99 argos.doncaster.....deadly it is and easy done shell fits on top with rots under.

Any pictures?

• 1 month later...