Fury vs Wilder

Mice!

After 4 - unless the judges are blind - 4-0 Fury.

Round 5 - uneventful - Fury again. Floyd Mayweather has Fury winning every round so far.

Round 6 - bit more even, but Fury could have nicked it. Either 6-0 or 5-1 to Fury.

Round 7 - only big punches landed by Fury.

Round 8 - few punches landed until last minute, but most landed by Fury.

Round 9 - Fury down - up at 9, but came back fairly strongly. Looks to have recovered.

Round 10 - big one for Fury - landed all the big shots.

Round 11 - fairly even. Unless he gets knocked out the verdict is Fury's.

Last round - Fury down for 9 - I thought he was out, but comes back again and rocks Wilder with two big punches. Fury has a better chin than I gave him credit for.

Scoring will be interesting. Fury boxed Wilder's socks off, but down twice. Fury showed a better boxing brain and heart. He deserves it.

Crowd booing as a draw is declared. Robbery.

Edited by Gordon R

Outstanding performance from Fury and should have had that in the bag by a round or two.

Unbelievable conditioning to have after being the mess he was and school Wilder although being away from home and getting KD twice it was going to be closer on the cards.

Not many fighters would have got up in the 12th after going down that hard and cant fault both mens heart but especially Fury.

Mexican judge gave Wilder the first 4 rounds with is absolutely shocking.

Edited by sako751sg

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

Never in a million years would I have predicted a draw, sounds like Fury was robbed although 2 big knock downs does make it a difficult one, the heavyweight decision is looking interesting, especially with usyk looking likely to step up as well.

Funnily enough, as I was reading this thread through yesterday, the one thing that came into my head was how split opinions were. I just remember thinking, 'wouldn't it be funny if this ends in a draw?' I made a half prediction of a draw on all three judges score, but an averaged draw is good enough for me!

I think a match-fit Tyson could have won that outright. Whether you like him or not, it's remarkable to have so long out and be in such poor shape, yet to come back and get a draw against the heavyweight champ is impressive

6 hours ago, Gordon R said:

After 4 - unless the judges are blind - 4-0 Fury.

Round 5 - uneventful - Fury again. Floyd Mayweather has Fury winning every round so far.

Round 6 - bit more even, but Fury could have nicked it. Either 6-0 or 5-1 to Fury.

Round 7 - only big punches landed by Fury.

Round 8 - few punches landed until last minute, but most landed by Fury.

Round 9 - Fury down - up at 9, but came back fairly strongly. Looks to have recovered.

Round 10 - big one for Fury - landed all the big shots.

Round 11 - fairly even. Unless he gets knocked out the verdict is Fury's.

Last round - Fury down for 9 - I thought he was out, but comes back again and rocks Wilder with two big punches. Fury has a better chin than I gave him credit for.

Scoring will be interesting. Fury boxed Wilder's socks off, but down twice. Fury showed a better boxing brain and heart. He deserves it.

Crowd booing as a draw is declared. Robbery.

Cracking breakdown thanks Gordon, looks the rematch will be on then?

5 hours ago, sako751sg said:

Outstanding performance from Fury and should have had that in the bag by a round or two.

Unbelievable conditioning to have after being the mess he was and school Wilder although being away from home and getting KD twice it was going to be closer on the cards.

Not many fighters would have got up in the 12th after going down that hard and cant fault both mens heart but especially Fury.

Mexican judge gave Wilder the first 4 rounds with is absolutely shocking.

sounds about right for boxing these days, a Judge watching a different fight already having been told the result.

2 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Funnily enough, as I was reading this thread through yesterday, the one thing that came into my head was how split opinions were. I just remember thinking, 'wouldn't it be funny if this ends in a draw?' I made a half prediction of a draw on all three judges score, but an averaged draw is good enough for me!

I think a match-fit Tyson could have won that outright. Whether you like him or not, it's remarkable to have so long out and be in such poor shape, yet to come back and get a draw against the heavyweight champ is impressive

Yes Fury went up in my estimations when he put Klitschko away and he keeps on surprising.

It's a shame boxing is so bent.

Tyson Fury fought a classy fight, despite getting caught. Few would have got up from the 12th round knockdown - I was genuinely amazed. The pair showed class after the fight - Fury going a long way to improving his public image. I was proud of him - never thought I would say that.

If you want to take the belt of a champion in their back yard you need to win clearly being down twice Fury did not do that, Fury did well i think both came out winners. Fury showed he is a real challenger Wilder keeps his belt and it sets up a big money return fight or a fight with AJ, he will find it hard now to keep dodging Wilder or Fury. 

3 hours ago, panoma1 said:

We were right Wilder's best chance was a KO, and that Fury would win on points!..........pity the bent judges didn't see it that way! 😏

No one ever wins a title fight held in America against an American boxer on a points decision. Fury's only way to beat Wilder by knockout or stoppage.

42 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Tyson Fury fought a classy fight, despite getting caught. Few would have got up from the 12th round knockdown - I was genuinely amazed. The pair showed class after the fight - Fury going a long way to improving his public image. I was proud of him - never thought I would say that.

35 minutes ago, Westward said:

No one ever wins a title fight held in America against an American boxer on a points decision. Fury's only way to beat Wilder by knockout or stoppage.

Yes to both comments, just been reading the reports on line, and everyone seems to be saying the same thing, Lennox Lewis saying it was the same with him, you have to stop them when your fighting in their back yard.

But given the time out Fury has had the weight loss and two easy fights, I think AJ will be dodging Fury for a while yet.

Fury went right up in my estimations after that fight! He won that fight for sure, Mexican judge should be ashamed having Wilder down for winning. How Fury got up in the last round is a mystery. He out boxed and out witted Wilder throughout the fight, Wilder was only ever going to win that fight with a KO everyone who watched that fight could see that, how a professional judge says otherwise can only suggest corruption!

Before this fight I reckoned Fury would have had no chance against Joshua, I now reckon Joshua will be trying to avoid Fury and go for Wilder!

Anyway a great fight and nice to see a good heavyweight fight again!! I look forward to Fury's next fight now :-)

17 hours ago, sako751sg said:

Not sure if anyone seen Adonis Stevenson get KOd last night but hes in a critical condition and not looking good.

Not a nice person but hopefully he pulls through.

Seems he has gone from critical to stable which can only be good news. Lets hope he does pull through.

Fury was always on a hiding to nothing fighting over there. As someone else said, only stopping the belt holder on his home soil could have got him the win. But then he would have known that before the fight and I don't think he believed he could stop Wilder. 

Whether it was out and out corruption that decided it was a draw I don't know, but I suspect Wilder/Fury 2 was on the cards long before the fight started. 

14 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

News now less good:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/46460528

'severe traumatic brain injury'

4 hours ago, m3vert said:

No that does not sound good at all!

Lifes not going to be the same whatever by the sounds.

Committed some truly despicable crimes but hate seeing injuries like this happening in the ring.

• 2 weeks later...