spray underseal

ditchman

14 minutes ago, ditchman said:

a thread was running about 6ths ago on underseal............

i dont want to use waxoyl as its more for internal....hasnt got good abrasion....................cant get hold of Ziebart....whats the best spray i can use............

ditch

Depends on what sort of thickness youre after.
If you just want a coating , a schutz like product called black wax , 3M or Indasa  do it amongst others, dont let the 'wax' bit sway you, its nothing like wax.
If you want to cover something up like welds or damage , straight forward underbody schutz, dont buy a cheap one like Tetrosyl , again 3M  or Indasa are my go to products.

Edit 3M dont appear to do it anymore, you could get the same effect just thinning the schutz by 10 % though 

Edited by Rewulf

27 minutes ago, gotgcoalman said:

machine Mart did the 3M black last year.It covers a multitude of sins.

Although I did my 1999 Rover  600 with phosphoric acic and zinc galv spray  earlier this this year to good effect.

Cover your skin and wear a mask when using the above lol.

does it withstand abrasion from grit laden water....?

Dinitrol 4941, we do loads of new trucks at work and it’s by far the best thing you can use, we have used everything over the years and it’s the best

If it’s an old truck wash it underneath first, knock off any loose rust then dinitrol it. Buy the 1 litre cans not the aerosols as there is very little product in any aerosol and you ol need 2-3 litres to coat underneath a truck 

Wash it annually and use the aerosol to do any touch ups as you won’t need much 

im all of a quandry................im only doing the back 3rd of the chassis...i will hot power wash it off...then getunderneath it....wire brush the areas...then hot air gun on the first bit...and spray using an arerosol that has been sitting in a bucket of very hot water......just do a bit at a time....with a 2nd coat...

some of the spays ive looked at ...are...bitchumen based...and some are polymer mastic.................think i will go for the bitchumen .....aint got a clue yet/..

1 hour ago, db135 said:

I used dinitrol first time I've used it was very impressed with it. Put it on new l200 before wet weather started made sure it was clean and dry used clear wax oil inside chassis and box sections thinned out with sum white spirit  

if i wipe down the areas to be done with white spirit....then warm up the bits with a hot air gun before i spray...will that be alright ..do you rekon ?

10 hours ago, ditchman said:

if i wipe down the areas to be done with white spirit....then warm up the bits with a hot air gun before i spray...will that be alright ..do you rekon ?

You won’t need to degrease if you use dinitrol, just wire brush as you said and once dry spray it, it will be alright, just done my terrano and it looks the bomb! 

bitumen paint £15 a gallon inc vat will do two vehicles twice no problem like **** to a blanket have used shuts in the past as well as wax oil  bitumen paint works for me refresh every two or three years with one coat to top up does a really good job     air compressor shuts gun tube into gallon can about an hour to cover the entire double cab underside from front to back a good job a hell of a  lot  longer with a paint brush