Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PeterHenry

Defender folding seats

    Recommended Posts

    Hi All,

    I understand that this is probably an idiotic question that has an exceptionally simple answer - but - how do I get the folding seats in the back of my 1996 defender to stay so that they are folded up?

    Many thanks,

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    48 minutes ago, PeterHenry said:

    Hi All,

    I understand that this is probably an idiotic question that has an exceptionally simple answer - but - how do I get the folding seats in the back of my 1996 defender to stay so that they are folded up?

    Many thanks,

    Superglue?

    Sorry! 🤗

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    49 minutes ago, PeterHenry said:

    Hi All,

    I understand that this is probably an idiotic question that has an exceptionally simple answer - but - how do I get the folding seats in the back of my 1996 defender to stay so that they are folded up?

    Many thanks,

    they have a strap..................

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, ditchman said:

    they SHOULD have a strap..................

    Corrected it for you to allow for a Friday afternoon build

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, amateur said:

    Corrected it for you to allow for a Friday afternoon build

    well ...you will just have to use some sellotape or a bit of string...........

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, ditchman said:

    well ...you will just have to use some sellotape or a bit of string...........

    Gaffer tape is also available in a range of toning colours to provide the authentic Defender finish

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    1 minute ago, amateur said:

    Gaffer tape is also available in a range of toning colours to provide the authentic Defender finish

    oh you are such a wag............:lol:

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    6 hours ago, ditchman said:

    well ...you will just have to use some sellotape or a bit of string...........

    I think this will end up being the solution

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    I bought Universal lap belts ad bolted them in, so they kept the seats up when not being used and kept the rear passengers from launching when off roading.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Remove them. Put them in the loft. Move on with your life – (unless you have a secret family of dwarfs you like to ferry around in the back of your landy?).

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    On 01/12/2018 at 08:48, PeterHenry said:

    Hi All,

    I understand that this is probably an idiotic question that has an exceptionally simple answer - but - how do I get the folding seats in the back of my 1996 defender to stay so that they are folded up?

    Many thanks,

    My defender came with some neat seat straps that connect with plastic buckles like you would get on a rucksack. I can send pics if you are still not sorted.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Mine lock into place! Land Rover have moved on a bit, we even get cup holders and heated seats now.....and still that ever annoyingly noisy wiper motor! 😃

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    23 hours ago, spambutty14 said:

    My defender came with some neat seat straps that connect with plastic buckles like you would get on a rucksack. I can send pics if you are still not sorted.

    Thanks, but in the end I got a packet of  bungee cords in a rarther fetching selection of colours - which I'm sure look wonderful as I drive around

    13 hours ago, Scully said:

    Mine lock into place! Land Rover have moved on a bit, we even get cup holders and heated seats now.....and still that ever annoyingly noisy wiper motor! 😃

    I think heated seats would ruin the Landrover mystique for me, personaly. Although, thinking about it - thats probably why the noisy wiper motors have been left in...

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
    Sign in to follow this  

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×