Bricks and Mortar Discount used shotgun

TK421

17 hours ago, chris1961 said:

All guns discounted at Sheffield are great they normally knock money off the ticket price they prefer to sell a lot and make a small margins on each gun rather than sit on expensive guns for months at a time hoping someone  will buy them

Thanks for that, will check them out. I really Need to start shouldering some guns and narrow this down I think, thanks again for all your replies guys.

I thoroughly research similar guns online and set a maximum fixed price in my mind before I go see or phone. DO NOT BUDGE. 

They want as much as they can get, and a buyer always wants to pay as little as they can. 

Some places are willing to do deals, others refuse flat out and you have to be willing to just walk out. 

Mate was refused a deal on a 270 that was sat on a RFD’s shelf for over 2 years. The RFD stated “it doesn’t eat or drink” as an excuse that it doesn’t cost him anything to just sit there until someone walks in looking for one. 

Others are keener to rotate old stock that isn’t selling and bring in new stuff. 

You just have to ask and be willing to haggle or walk out. 

46 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

“it doesn’t eat or drink”

That’s gold right there!

I’ve been looking for so long I keep talking myself (and researching) in and out of what I want, on the plus side my budget keeps increasing as it’s taking so long 😂

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

I thoroughly research similar guns online and set a maximum fixed price in my mind before I go see or phone. DO NOT BUDGE. 

They want as much as they can get, and a buyer always wants to pay as little as they can. 

Some places are willing to do deals, others refuse flat out and you have to be willing to just walk out. 

Mate was refused a deal on a 270 that was sat on a RFD’s shelf for over 2 years. The RFD stated “it doesn’t eat or drink” as an excuse that it doesn’t cost him anything to just sit there until someone walks in looking for one. 

Others are keener to rotate old stock that isn’t selling and bring in new stuff. 

You just have to ask and be willing to haggle or walk out. 

And it works well doesn't it Mate.

15 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Always works. Helps when you have sites like this with great members to guide people 👍🏻

If you go over what you set as your max you’ll only curse yourself afterwards. 

Isn’t it like when you buy a car though? As in you always find the perfect one, then you see an even better perfect one for a bit more money? This Always happens to me when I buy a car anyway 🤦🏻‍♂️😂.

does time of year affect prices at all guys?