New Pard NV007 NV Add-on

ant.mass

just bought one of these myself (although not off this seller), I haven't been out in the field with it yet but using it as a spotter it seems up to the job.

Rewulf pretty much has it covered, but I'd add another very small bugbear, it would be nice if there was a lock ring on the eyepiece once you have it in focus as it moves around a little too easy for me.

1 hour ago, Deker said:

just bought one of these myself (although not off this seller), I haven't been out in the field with it yet but using it as a spotter it seems up to the job.

Rewulf pretty much has it covered, but I'd add another very small bugbear, it would be nice if there was a lock ring on the eyepiece once you have it in focus as it moves around a little too easy for me.

hello, i get over that problem with the eye adopters on my scopes by using black sparky tape to hold the ring tight once you have got the correct focus, maybe you can do with this unit Deker

5 minutes ago, the enigma said:

Will this unit work on a fixed parralax scope?

I cant see why not, although I would be reluctant to buy one to find different.
Like I say, there is a huge amount of objective adjustment (the cylindrical part back of the camera) as well as the ocular (eye piece) adjustment to get the reticule nice and clear.
If you can get any camera add on to work with your scope, the Pard should work too.
Try putting your mobile phone camera up to the eyepiece of your scope, about 1.5 inch away, and see if you get an image.
Some high end scopes have anti IR coatings though , which can degrade IR images using add ons.

32 minutes ago, the enigma said:

Will this unit work on a fixed parralax scope?

Only if you are happy to shoot at a fixed distance determined by your scope's fixed focus point - but closer at night than in daylight because Infra Red wavelengths focus closer than daylight.

If you are lucky about where the more focus fussy distance is, if its at your (probably subsonic) zero'd distance you could use the out of focus blur to help with range estimation and get to the zero'd sharp focus distance. That rig has built in zoom to help the spotter ability so it will be more focus fussy on a scope than when used as a spotter.

I would only buy one if I was prepared to swap the scope after finding out for myself.

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/01/2019 at 14:29, shotgunner said:

Hi I am interested in one of any in stock and available

Hi ant 

Thank you very much for help ,and very fast ship ment of the pard , brilliant bit of kit and worth every penny 

Pleasure doing business with you mate ATB Colin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...