"im mainly......" 3 some..!!

ditchman

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Absolutely marvellous Simon:good:

What will you do with all the wooden Opinell handles?

Believe it !!!   He, the Maestro, will think of something.  Have you rounded the edge of the pommel. I personally liked the initial angled edge , in fact was about to commend you on it's precise nature....... having to refer to the Oxford English now to find suitable words.... 'fandangle' (fantastic ornament) ..........nonpareil (unrivalled or unique).....

thats another one done and will be in the post in the next couple of days to its new owner...............

the 2nd one is the next project of 2....it is a smaller one an opinel #7.....destined for a young girl who ...im told likes to wittle Harry Potter wands....and i think it will be a pretty little knife when done..........

riverting polish 001tn_.JPG

riverting polish 002tn_.JPG

riverting polish 003tn_.JPG

riverting polish 004tn_.JPG

riverting polish 005tn_.JPG

riverting polish 006tn_.JPG

riverting polish 007tn_.JPG

riverting polish 008tn_.JPG

riverting polish 009tn_.JPG

riverting polish 010tn_.JPG

riverting polish 011tn_.JPG

riverting polish 012tn_.JPG

riverting polish 013tn_.JPG

riverting polish 014tn_.JPG

riverting polish 015tn_.JPG

riverting polish 016tn_.JPG

riverting polish 017tn_.JPG

riverting polish 018tn_.JPG

52 minutes ago, flynny said:

Brilliant, my girl is well chuffed,

cheers ditchy you are a true gent , of the highest order:thanks:

:drinks:

kjf and Maisie

How did you get the groove in the antler that the blade folds into???

its very neat mate

kjf

yours and your daughter's are the ones im about to start on next ..:good:..as i said i will do your daughters first

Flynny................dont ever get me to do a small opinel again.............this #7 has fighted me all the way so far............they dont take so much care in drilling the ferrul out....the drill hole is not square to the handle or the hole in the blade.........what a bitch.......anyway....the rivert is not in and the blade is nice and tight in the handle...so when it all comes together it will be strong and true..........and will be a pretty little knife when finished.and just right to whittle some Harry Potter wands.......so some little girl will be happy im sure

this knife is a #7 ...the big one is a #9  ...and the small one is a #6 or 5 im not sure ...but you can see the difference

do some more tomorrow

harry potter tool 001tn_.JPG

harry potter tool 002tn_.JPG

harry potter tool 003tn_.JPG

harry potter tool 004tn_.JPG

harry potter tool 005tn_.JPG

harry potter tool 006tn_.JPG

harry potter tool 007tn_.JPG

harry potter tool 008tn_.JPG

just a few more pics of the Harry Potter wand wittller...........have taken Walkers advice and for this little knife ...so it is balanced proper...i have removed some brass and rounded it off

see what you think..............

all that remains now is to remove the grind marks out of the blade and reprofile the point and then put a good hard steel rivet in...then thats done 

harry pot 2 001tn_.JPG

harry pot 2 002tn_.JPG

harry pot 2 003tn_.JPG

harry pot 2 004tn_.JPG

harry pot 2 005tn_.JPG

harry pot 2 006tn_.JPG

harry pot 2 007tn_.JPG

harry pot 2 008tn_.JPG

harry pot 2 009tn_.JPG

harry pot 2 010tn_.JPG

1 minute ago, panoma1 said:

I agree! Looks more tactile with the rounded pommel!

for the dads knife (flynny)....im tempted to round the pommel off as well...............

on the full size opinels with the slight curve to the antler ...i think i prefer the not rounded off version...............im just going to have to wait and see.............

on the by..............i have met someone in the last couple of days...that is "an artist extreme"....he does it as a hobby but the quality of his work is ....supreme....and we had a long chat about knives and stuff.....and when i start on the Hunting knives ...halfway thro the making i will hand them over to him ...so he can do his bit  ..and between the 2 of us we will produce a knife/tool ...(NOT A WEAPON).......that is not available on the internet....(cause i have looked)....and i assure you they will be 100% unnique.....

it will suit my style entirly..............infact im quite exited about it.....................so after xmas i will start ordering up tool steel bronze and brass....make my heat treated/forge and we will have some fun............

im not going to discuss this any further...so you are going to have to suffer for a bit........:lol:

3 minutes ago, ditchman said:

for the dads knife (flynny)....im tempted to round the pommel off as well...............

on the full size opinels with the slight curve to the antler ...i think i prefer the not rounded off version...............im just going to have to wait and see.............

on the by..............i have met someone in the last couple of days...that is "an artist extreme"....he does it as a hobby but the quality of his work is ....supreme....and we had a long chat about knives and stuff.....and when i start on the Hunting knives ...halfway thro the making i will hand them over to him ...so he can do his bit  ..and between the 2 of us we will produce a knife/tool ...(NOT A WEAPON).......that is not available on the internet....(cause i have looked)....and i assure you they will be 100% unnique.....

it will suit my style entirly..............infact im quite exited about it.....................so after xmas i will start ordering up tool steel bronze and brass....make my heat treated/forge and we will have some fun............

im not going to discuss this any further...so you are going to have to suffer for a bit........:lol:

Everyone's mind will be whirring now Ditchy!

Keep up the fantastic work.

atb

7diaw

11 minutes ago, ditchman said:

im not going to discuss this any further...so you are going to have to suffer for a bit........

Roll on new year looking forward to more joy from whizo Simone.

8 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Tell me fellas.......would a "bullfinch" double burner, propane gas furnace, have a roll in heat treating knife blades etc...could it replace a forge?

heatreating knives..........(tempering) can be done in a kitchen oven..................

35 minutes ago, amateur said:

Will you be saying a magic Norfolk spell over the Harry Potter wand whittler before you send it off.

or does that only happen when you hit your thumb with your hammer.

im protecting my thumb at the moment....went thro' it with the carving knife a couple of days ago.........................there was much impolite things said....