Family of swans shot dead

Ricko

In the recent past, eastern europeans have been found to have killed swans to eat ( they are just geese after all, especially to anyone not from the UK  )

Aha, and I asked 1000 times for any example of this and didn't get even one.  We had some discussion several months ago. BTW for you information Christmas is coming so we, Easterns have a carp poaching season, not swan. 

9 minutes ago, Honey Monster said:

Aha, and I asked 1000 times for any example of this and didn't get even one.  We had some discussion several months ago. BTW for you information Christmas is coming so we, Easterns have a carp poaching season, not swan. 

There are documented cases of them being shot with crossbows by Eastern European’s; do a search. 

Good luck with the carp. 👍

If it was one swan shot I could believe that it was down to some moron doing it for some kind of weird kicks, but 5? For a start were they all shot at the same time? Surely with 1 or 2 shot the rest would scatter especially on water? 5 being shot suggests someone really wants to get rid of swans in a particular area, like off a grass field maybe? I reckon they were shot on land, that's how whoever it was got the whole family, then they were bagged and taken miles away and dumped. If it was a numpty shooting just for kicks it would have been 1 or 2 shots at birds on water and then scarper. Either way, someone wants locking up but I want to see the blame fall on the right person and with proof, not the immediate lying response put out by the RSPCA and further peddled by an idiot MP and unscrupulous press.

“It’s clear that these poor mute swans have been shot and killed deliberately – one of the birds was peppered with pellets,” said RSPCA inspector Dave Grant.

“It’s absolutely disgusting that someone would purposefully target and kill these beautiful birds, and it’s heartbreaking that an entire family has been wiped out in this cruel incident.”

PC Daniel Perry said: “Kent police was called at around 10am on 24 November to a report that a number of swans were found dead in plastic bags by a stream in Stepneyford Lane in Benenden.

“Officers from the rural task force attended to carry out inquiries at the scene, and are continuing to assist the RSPCA to establish the circumstances of the incident.”

This agency report was amended on 3 December 2018 to take account of new information that the weapon used in the attack was likely not to have been an air gun.'

Debunked .
Oowee , are you saying Eastern Europeans DO NOT eat swans ?

Edited by Rewulf

17 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Debunked .
Oowee , are you saying Eastern Europeans DO NOT eat swans ?

Not at all but trying to blame EE's as responsible just because there is a dead swan in a bag hardly points to an EE.  In Milton Keynes the Corporation had put Koi in many of the ornamental lakes. Over 40 years some of these are massive and on one of the office parks they started to disappear. Turned out to be a feral bengal. 

9 minutes ago, oowee said:

Not at all but trying to blame EE's as responsible just because there is a dead swan in a bag hardly points to an EE.  In Milton Keynes the Corporation had put Koi in many of the ornamental lakes. Over 40 years some of these are massive and on one of the office parks they started to disappear. Turned out to be a feral bengal. 

I was just answering Honey Monster who seemed to think swan eating  wasnt a thing, same as the carp thing , isnt a thing either, even though he himself stated in the other thread , that Poles eating carp at Christmas was a tradition with some families.

Is it as widespread as some would have you believe? I dont know, we only know what gets reported.

But to deny that some of our EU brethren dont eat swans and carp is wholly inaccurate .

8 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Back to actual topic of the dead swans, anyone know a friendly vet with an x ray machine? Be interesting to see what a pheasant looks like that was shot?

Google images have a few….https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=x-rays+of+birds+shot+with+shotgun&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjmoKXplonfAhXBzKQKHcXpDrkQ_AUIDigB&biw=1600&bih=1045

18 hours ago, Honey Monster said:

bang on the money, iv court 4 over the last 3 weeks. 3 of them had carp in carrier bags police not interested so delt with appropriately :whistling:

18 hours ago, timmytree said:

If it was one swan shot I could believe that it was down to some moron doing it for some kind of weird kicks, but 5? For a start were they all shot at the same time? Surely with 1 or 2 shot the rest would scatter especially on water? 5 being shot suggests someone really wants to get rid of swans in a particular area, like off a grass field maybe? I reckon they were shot on land, that's how whoever it was got the whole family, then they were bagged and taken miles away and dumped. If it was a numpty shooting just for kicks it would have been 1 or 2 shots at birds on water and then scarper. Either way, someone wants locking up but I want to see the blame fall on the right person and with proof, not the immediate lying response put out by the RSPCA and further peddled by an idiot MP and unscrupulous press.

I sadly suspect that you will never see actual proof provided by either RSPB, RSPCA or any other so called charity dependant on misleading the population to keep the coffers full? As for MP's not worth a comment.

Edited by old man

1 hour ago, old man said:

I sadly suspect that you will never see actual proof provided by either RSPB, RSPCA or any other so called charity dependant on misleading the population to keep the coffers full? As for MP's not worth a comment.

This agency report was amended on 3 December 2018 to take account of new information that the weapon used in the attack was likely not to have been an air gun.

This was added to the RSPCA report, also changed in the Guardian. It's a step forward although the MP has not replied to my email and the labour party complaints section say that they are unable to investigate. In other words, lying is ok if you;re an MP.

9 minutes ago, timmytree said:

This agency report was amended on 3 December 2018 to take account of new information that the weapon used in the attack was likely not to have been an air gun.

This was added to the RSPCA report, also changed in the Guardian. It's a step forward although the MP has not replied to my email and the labour party complaints section say that they are unable to investigate. In other words, lying is ok if you;re an MP.

They regularly prove that!

Documentary on TV a few years ago involving RSPCA, one case re a swan that had been killed. It was being 'investigated' by a female RSPCA 'inspector'

Swan had been cooked and eaten by Eastern Europeans but there were still bones and a little meat in a pan. There was also a lot of discarded body parts in the rubbish bin and lots of white feathers easily ID(able) IMO

RSPCA persons reaction was to say it would be impossible to identify what species it had been as it had been cooked. ?? Parts in the bin hadn't but that was ignored ??   Off she went to write her report result of which was never disclosed. DNA testing was an accurate thing then. Probably early 90's or late 80's

Go figure, I couldn't

A chap I was shooting with once shot a swan that came over us in the almost pitch dark of a December evening one time when we were flighting on an Aberdeenshire river. I'd already identified what it was, but 30 yards upstream my warning shout of 'It's a swan!!!' obviously went unheard.   

It didn't exactly fall dead from the air, and came down in a field on the other side of the river. The river was about 30 yards wide at that point, so the retrieve involved a car journey of about 8 miles down to the nearest bridge and back up the road on the other bank, followed by a lot of scouting around on ground we had no business being on until eventually we got the right field - the whole operation taking more than an hour. By this time though the moon had come up, so we had no problem finding the bird, which thankfully was already dead - neither of us relishing the idea of trying to humanely dispatch a swan. At this point I was all for hiding the evidence and forgetting the whole affair, but my shooting partner insisted that we take the corpse back because a) chucking it would be a criminal waste of good meat and b) he was going to cook it and invite assorted friends round for a full fig ceremonial swan dinner - which he subsequently did.

I'll admit to being grimly amused when he later told me that the thing had been as tough as leather and virtually inedible.

9 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

A chap I was shooting with once shot a swan that came over us in the almost pitch dark of a December evening one time when we were flighting on an Aberdeenshire river. I'd already identified what it was, but 30 yards upstream my warning shout of 'It's a swan!!!' obviously went unheard.   

It didn't exactly fall dead from the air, and came down in a field on the other side of the river. The river was about 30 yards wide at that point, so the retrieve involved a car journey of about 8 miles down to the nearest bridge and back up the road on the other bank, followed by a lot of scouting around on ground we had no business being on until eventually we got the right field - the whole operation taking more than an hour. By this time though the moon had come up, so we had no problem finding the bird, which thankfully was already dead - neither of us relishing the idea of trying to humanely dispatch a swan. At this point I was all for hiding the evidence and forgetting the whole affair, but my shooting partner insisted that we take the corpse back because a) chucking it would be a criminal waste of good meat and b) he was going to cook it and invite assorted friends round for a full fig ceremonial swan dinner - which he subsequently did.

I'll admit to being grimly amused when he later told me that the thing had been as tough as leather and virtually inedible.

😂