The admirable Ditchman.

JDog

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

dont give me all that squit about sweeping 6 half crowns off the table..................

fat sarah moved to linwood and huge holly has just been given a new 2 bed bungalow in sprowston......gawd knows who they will put in there next

what a coincidence, I work at Sprouston, Kelso sounds the same as Sprowston.:good:

18 hours ago, figgy said:

What's a bogden ?

JDog a lovely knife, will you use it or keep it clean to look at? Nice to blades to use.

Google, Stanley.E. Bogdan or Wikipedia, the man was a true craftsman. ( like Ditchy)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, ditchman said:

dont give me all that squit about sweeping 6 half crowns off the table..................

fat sarah moved to linwood and huge holly has just been given a new 2 bed bungalow in sprowston......gawd knows who they will put in there next

I met Mile Cross Mary this mornun' in tha Post Office in Earlham. We had a good 'ol natter about you Ditch. She's doing good, now living in the city centre, some posh council flat with her six boys. I bought 50 first class stamps for christmas cards. She licked 'em all and put them on the envelopes with a huge grin on her face. She was really obliging.  Is this something to do with you Ditch? I promise i haven't given MC Mary your address or 'phone number. If she gets in touch it's nothing to do with me.... promise 😂

Florins off the table..

30 minutes ago, la bala said:

Them LRs will run on owt 

they run on 

1. blood
  2. hernia's
  3. cuts
  4. sweat
  5. broken didgets
  6. ripped fingernails
  7. bits of skin
  8. bits of flesh
  9. large swellings on ones head
  10. large swellings elswhere
  11. bad backs

yup......................they run on anything

1 hour ago, flynny said:

They are belting knives, I can't wait for mine,

nowt better than having something you've grassed and eaten,

even better having a treasured posession / reminder  made from its antler

flynny

your daughters one will be like a razor ...as yours when you get them back ...fer christs sake be careful...

She will be carefull mate, she's been training with her Swiss Army knife ( under my supervision) for the last six months,

shes only 7 and has already made a Harry Potter wand ,( took the bark of a bit of hazel lol)  she's well aware of the sharp edge and knows nothing gets in the way of it and always carve away and not on yourself

cheers Simon

flynny

On 02/12/2018 at 16:16, JDog said:

Pigeon Watchers will remember Ditchman's thread on the engine rebuild. Personally I never understood one bit of it but was fascinated in the procedure from start to finish. Many others joined in with appropriate comments. I was determined to be there at the end of the procedure and I went to Norfolk for the grand starting up of the engine which was mounted on a structure in his shed with a long hose serving as an exhaust. The engine ran beautifully but obviously not for long as there was no cooling system.

The man can turn his hand to most things practical and armed with the appropriate tools he has tried his hand at making knives and he has put up threads to show how he has done it. I was chosen as a lucky recipient of one of these knives which arrived at home last week whilst I was away. I found it on my bedside table on my return today and I have it in front of me as I type. It is as good as any professionally made knife and I will treasure it.

Sorry about the poor quality photo which does not do the knife justice.

DSC07962.JPG

Wow!!!!

Today I used Ditchman's knife seriously for the first time having only used it previously for chopping logs and cutting polypropylene pipes to length.

This was the use I envisaged when the knife arrived - dismembering pheasants and woodcock shot last week in the Lammermuirs. And what a fine job it made of them too.

I also have another present from the man namely a fuel injector for a diesel engine which he polished up for me and which sits on my desk as a paper weight.

Pheasant.jpg

Woodcock.jpg

Edited by JDog

On ‎02‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 17:31, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Good to be in the Ditchman Club, looking forward to mine soon.:good:

How did you lot miss all the innuendos possible with "in the ditchman club"

I'm thinking of the only fools and horses episode where they went to France with Grandad and all the fellas looked like him, is it like this in Norfolk??  

Just now, Mice! said:

How did you lot miss all the innuendos possible with "in the ditchman club"

I'm thinking of the only fools and horses episode where they went to France with Grandad and all the fellas looked like him, is it like this in Norfolk??  

Your just jealous that you are not a member of the Ditchman Club and don't have a Best Norfolk Bespoke Knife!

• 2 weeks later...

Fresh from raking out grouting from the bricks in the yard the knife was put to a different use yesterday, something more along the lines of Ditchman's intended purpose. I had cold Woodcock for my lunch in my outside office and the knife made short work of slicing up the breasts and taking off the sweetest bits - the legs.

thumbnail_20181215_124041_resized.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looking back on this thread I see that in time served PW fashion attempts have been made to derail it with references to Ditchman's loves of the past.

In order to get it back on track I will reveal the knifes latest use - unpacking then repacking Christmas presents. You see Ditchy I am thinking about you even over the festive season.

I never previously acknowledged Old Boggy's part in the knife which I am happy to do now as I believe that he supplied the piece of antler.

thumbnail_20181224_155640_resized.jpg