The admirable Ditchman.

JDog

Pigeon Watchers will remember Ditchman's thread on the engine rebuild. Personally I never understood one bit of it but was fascinated in the procedure from start to finish. Many others joined in with appropriate comments. I was determined to be there at the end of the procedure and I went to Norfolk for the grand starting up of the engine which was mounted on a structure in his shed with a long hose serving as an exhaust. The engine ran beautifully but obviously not for long as there was no cooling system.

The man can turn his hand to most things practical and armed with the appropriate tools he has tried his hand at making knives and he has put up threads to show how he has done it. I was chosen as a lucky recipient of one of these knives which arrived at home last week whilst I was away. I found it on my bedside table on my return today and I have it in front of me as I type. It is as good as any professionally made knife and I will treasure it.

Sorry about the poor quality photo which does not do the knife justice.

DSC07962.JPG

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, figgy said:

What's a bogden ?

JDog a lovely knife, will you use it or keep it clean to look at? Nice to blades to use.

Yes of course I will use it. It will serve me well as a screwdriver at times and it will be used to knock nails in at other times.

i love leaving the battle scars (rut) on them and the scratches where they were rubbing the velvet off...........

these knives im sure will improve with age....as the blade fades to a even gunmetal...and the antler takes on the oil from handling...and a few scratches on the pommel ...they will age gracefully ...(unlike me)

32 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i love leaving the battle scars (rut) on them and the scratches where they were rubbing the velvet off...........

these knives im sure will improve with age....as the blade fades to a even gunmetal...and the antler takes on the oil from handling...and a few scratches on the pommel ...they will age gracefully ...(unlike me)

It's a mighty fine knife Simon, fits my hand just right. Made short work of the binder twine i used to tie the runner bean canes together when i got the canes in.

Holds a good edge, just give it a few strokes with a fine diamond file every now and again. Just great it is!

4 hours ago, Whitebridges said:

It's a mighty fine knife Simon, fits my hand just right. Made short work of the binder twine i used to tie the runner bean canes together when i got the canes in.

Holds a good edge, just give it a few strokes with a fine diamond file every now and again. Just great it is!

Next time we’re out we can play with each other’s ,I think mine is bigger than yours .

harnser

8 minutes ago, Whitebridges said:

Fat Sally reckons small is fine Harnser. I don't know about that though. Happy to put mine on the table!!  

dont give me all that squit about sweeping 6 half crowns off the table..................

fat sarah moved to linwood and huge holly has just been given a new 2 bed bungalow in sprowston......gawd knows who they will put in there next