A very lucky find.

JDog

The day I sold my Miroku 6000 I knew I would regret it. It was only sold as I had a neck injury and I feared I would never shoot with anything other than a semi auto ever again. However my very old Miroku of the same model has come in for some use of late but it has become unreliable and I wanted a replacement. The search has taken some time and some miles.

Last week on the morning of my intended travel to the Borders to shoot I perused the Guntrader website for any dealers along my journey who might have one. There was nothing until I spied one in Castle Gunmakers in Norham just three miles upstream of the Tweed from where I would be staying. A phone call on the way confirmed that the gun was still for sale and that it was in excellent condition and that it was a 'one careful owner' gun so I ventured there.

When the gun was lifted from the rack I thought that it was straight out of the manufacturers box. There was no stiffness in the action but it was obvious that it had hardly been used. The moment of truth came when I brought out my dilapidated gun to compare measurements only to find that the match was perfect in all dimensions. At this stage I had to contain myself in order to have some sort of negotiating position. My old gun was made in 1982 and has seen a fair bit of action. This gun must surely be much much newer but when the serial number was checked it was revealed that not only was it also made in 1982 but that the serial numbers were only 21 digits apart. A satisfactory deal was done on the spot.

The following two days saw me using the gun at various species with some modest success. I am entirely delighted with my find.

DSC07952.JPG

I popped in there a few years ago whilst fishing the Tweed....just for a mooch, I found the guy in the shop very helpful and friendly  even though I bought nowt!

Well done with finding that "clone" gun! Lucky fella! You might consider having a punt on the next lottery? See if your luck is holding.

Very nice gun, with the handling and build quality of Miroku guns you will kill a lot of stuff with it and it will last you a life time.

Being an Engineer from leaving school I was always impressed with the build quality of these guns, so much so I brought one in 1976, from Benjamin Wild & Son, it was an 800SW Sporting gun, its fired thousands of rounds and has never let me down, its still my go-to gun when out on the pigeons or anything else for that matter, great guns.

Good luck with it.