New lamp for rabbits

Colster

I've had my current Cyclops lamp for ages and fancy a change. I only use it in the 4x4 plugged into a Flymo plug and the other half of the plug runs straight to the car battery. Used on rabbits with either LR or HMR. 

The Lightforce 140 or 170 was the daddy back when I bought the cyclops, is that still the case or are there other lamps to consider now? Ideally keeping the budget under £100

The world is really your oyster these days there are so many lamps to choose from. I still have a 140  and a 170 LF which I use, but there are a number of much smaller more compact lamps now and your best to just search the web and make your choice.  I have a small 'torch' which would fit in my pocket which throws a beam almost as good as the 140 LF.

• 1 month later...

hello, i have been looking at the torches on ludicrous lumins when i revert back after the clocks change from a photon to a Hawke  S/F scope that i initially bought to use an add on, the new TR range have a better red led so i think that will be my choice in 38mm but i have a spare 50mm head.  

AS Walker says the world is your oyster with led torches these days. I think there are some companies still trading on the back of reputations of the past. For hand held rechargable's I would get one of the sub £50 units of e bay. They last ages and weigh nothing with a good range for lamping.

If I wanted the best performance for the least money for a gun mount I would start with talking to Ian Sirrel at IR light builds. Quality of the focus head will be critical and I guess he would be able to source an over driven led.