LACS Invest pension fund with companies who carryout animal Testing!

m3vert

So this loonie ethical vegan is trying to take his former employer the League Against Cruel Sports to a tribunal saying he was sacked after highlighting that LACS invest their pension fund in companies who allow animal testing!! Brilliant, good to see yet another animal rights outfit only paying lip service to what they say they believe in!! Its all about the money!! :lol:

You can't shoot foxes but you can sure as hell blind a monkey with mascara if it keeps our pension making money :whistling::whistling::whistling:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-46385597

56 minutes ago, m3vert said:

So this loonie ethical vegan is trying to take his former employer the League Against Cruel Sports to a tribunal saying he was sacked after highlighting that LACS invest their pension fund in companies who allow animal testing!! Brilliant, good to see yet another animal rights outfit only paying lip service to what they say they believe in!! Its all about the money!!

You can't shoot foxes but you can sure as hell blind a monkey with mascara if it keeps our pension making money

I agree with you...but this door knob is trying to get veganism on the same footing as racial and religious discrimination, so you cant interfere with their beliefs...but it seems ok for the radical veggies to interfere with our beliefs!

Oh the hypocrisy is deafening!!

37 minutes ago, del.gue said:

I agree with you...but this door knob is trying to get veganism on the same footing as racial and religious discrimination, so you cant interfere with their beliefs...but it seems ok for the radical veggies to interfere with our beliefs!

Oh the hypocrisy is deafening!!

I know and I hope common sense prevails (doubtful). The only thing that might save the day is if LACS can easily demonstrate he was sacked for gross misconduct that had nothing to do with this case, that way there wont be a tribunal even held. I just love the fact they have been ousted by one of their own as hypocrites :lol:

3 hours ago, m3vert said:

So this loonie ethical vegan is trying to take his former employer the League Against Cruel Sports to a tribunal saying he was sacked after highlighting that LACS invest their pension fund in companies who allow animal testing!! Brilliant, good to see yet another animal rights outfit only paying lip service to what they say they believe in!! Its all about the money!!

You can't shoot foxes but you can sure as hell blind a monkey with mascara if it keeps our pension making money

Why on earth would a Monkey be wearing Mascara- surely a little bit of lip gloss would make them far more attractive?

Or have I once again missed the point.....

1 minute ago, panoma1 said:

According to the link above he claims he was!

And no one has EVER made fraudulent claims about the reason why they were asked to leave...

Which looks better to a future employer: 'oh I was asked to leave for standing by my principals' or 'yeah I was sacked for gross misconduct'?

Fortunately most tribunals are able to see through the odd smokescreen and if LACS have got the evidence, this chap's going to be made to look very, very foolish

41 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

According to the link above he claims he was!

His employers are claiming it was 'gross misconduct'. Is whistleblowing gross misconduct? 

38 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

And no one has EVER made fraudulent claims about the reason why they were asked to leave...

Which looks better to a future employer: 'oh I was asked to leave for standing by my principals' or 'yeah I was sacked for gross misconduct'?

Fortunately most tribunals are able to see through the odd smokescreen and if LACS have got the evidence, this chap's going to be made to look very, very foolish

I do hope so. 

4 hours ago, del.gue said:

this door knob is trying to get veganism on the same footing as racial and religious discrimination

If veganism is a philosophical belief equally so is omniviorism or carnivorism, or even Vegitarianism - it is lifestyle choice.   Therefore to apply it to one it must be applied to all  equally.   That would kybosh them.

24 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

If veganism is a philosophical belief equally so is omniviorism or carnivorism, or even Vegitarianism - it is lifestyle choice.   Therefore to apply it to one it must be applied to all  equally.   That would kybosh them.

Good point. This way they would cancel each other out.

I can see a time when meat eaters are marginalised as are vegans now, even as a majority, due to the claims of the new religion of climate change. Veganism has never been frowned upon, they're simply regarded as oddballs, but meat eating will be frowned upon for the reasons given. Already it has been seriously suggested by this new religion that people eat less meat and that farmers grow more trees and less meat, or farmers are taxed for the emissions of their stock.  It would be hilarious if those suggesting it weren't deadly serious. 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

His employers are claiming it was 'gross misconduct'. Is whistleblowing gross misconduct? 

That's why I was asking "is whistleblowing a sackable offence?" In an earlier post!

He claims he was sacked for whistleblowing and his dismissal was discriminatory because he is something called an "ethical vegan" which he is claiming is unlawful on the grounds of his religion or beliefs!

lm sure the Industrial Tribunal will sort it out....if it gets that far?

16 minutes ago, Scully said:

Good point. This way they would cancel each other out.

I can see a time when meat eaters are marginalised as are vegans now, even as a majority, due to the claims of the new religion of climate change. Veganism has never been frowned upon, they're simply regarded as oddballs, but meat eating will be frowned upon for the reasons given. Already it has been seriously suggested by this new religion that people eat less meat and that farmers grow more trees and less meat, or farmers are taxed for the emissions of their stock.  It would be hilarious if those suggesting it weren't deadly serious. 

If the loon wins his case could country sports/fieldsports/shooting/hunting also be a religion or belief? Perhaps our shooting organisations could test that in a court of law too? 

14 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

If the loon wins his case could country sports/fieldsports/shooting/hunting also be a religion or belief? Perhaps our shooting organisations could test that in a court of law too? 

It's far deeper than that, hunting is a fundamental part of the human conditional, part of our heritage, our history, our success as a species, a key moment in our evolution. It's innate. I'd go as far to say a human right!

I usually go by the idea  I've seen more battles lost than I have seen battles won and hope for a compromise.

However in a case of the LACS vs radical Vegan maybe we should hope for a drawn out battle of attrition the like of which has not seen since Hitler went into Russia.

Edited by Dibble