harrycatcat1

Can you identify the car?

15 hours ago, Dougy said:

If anyone knows old'un will know. 

He remembers them well i bet. I bet he drove one on the school run.

Cheeky boy….I had to use the horse during the 1962/3 winter because I could not get the car started and the kick back from the starting handle on a cold winters morning was like having six of the best across your hands, them were the days

5 hours ago, scobydog said:

Not a Chummy they didn't have a front split bumper, and if you look closer it appears to be 4 door.

Is the jury still out then?

9 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Is the jury still out then?

Well it's certainly an Austin and the radiator certainly looks more 7 than 10 or 12, and there appears to be the side vent flap of a 7, but, when enlarged, the photo does look like a 4 door, and the front bumper looks wrong. However you could bolt any old bit of steel to an Austin 7 chassis and what appears to be rear doors could be the Chummy's hood support.

Can you borrow the Tardis and take a better photo please? 😄

Edited by amateur

Could be a 20, similar rad to a 7 and later ones had a split bumper and front split windscreen the 7 had it's badge on the grill not the cowling like this 1, the side windows are out of proportion for a 7 and there is definitely 2 rear doors on it.Just waiting for F in law to get back, he's in Qatar at the moment.

Edited by scobydog

14 hours ago, amateur said:

Well it's certainly an Austin and the radiator certainly looks more 7 than 10 or 12, and there appears to be the side vent flap of a 7, but, when enlarged, the photo does look like a 4 door, and the front bumper looks wrong. However you could bolt any old bit of steel to an Austin 7 chassis and what appears to be rear doors could be the Chummy's hood support.

Can you borrow the Tardis and take a better photo please? 😄

Thanks but the tardis is booked up for a while, it all seems a bit of a mystery 👍😁

5 hours ago, scobydog said:

Could be a 20, similar rad to a 7 and later ones had a split bumper and front split windscreen the 7 had it's badge on the grill not the cowling like this 1, the side windows are out of proportion for a 7 and there is definitely 2 rear doors on it.Just waiting for F in law to get back, he's in Qatar at the moment.

Can we fly him back quick? Only kidding thanks 👍😁😁