Sling mounts- Semi Auto

HW95J

Looking to put some sling mounts on my Webley 810 (synthetic). I can drill into the stock for the rear one (there's already a dip here and not sure if that's a factory thing or a failed attempt!). In terms of the front swivel, many semis have end-caps with them attached. As this isn't the case, what are my options? Apparently there is some interchangeability with these guns and Hatsans, if so, would a Hatsan end cap with sling mount fit without modification? 

Thanks in advance! 

You can get a tube clamp with side swivel fitted (if you have enough exposed mag tube of course)

You can drill through the centre of your end cap to mount a swivel (use the largest machine screw possible and affix with a nyloc nut

For the stock, the same applies, do not be tempted with just a self tapper(unless there is plenty of meat to bite into) if the screw enters a void in the stock, shape  washers to fit and again use a nyloc nut

I have seen mounts made by fitting a steel spacer either between the stock and receiver or between the stock and butt pad with an extended shaped loop either to one side or below, likewise, if your mag cap fits tightly to the fore-end, a steel spacer with a loop below would work

There are 'no swivel' slings available on the 'bay I believe, that simply attach by a slip loop so no drilling needed

i did my synthetic armsan myself,bought 2 sets of swivels from china £3 delivered the type threaded with nuts on for plastic stocks,the end caps looks like plastic but is realy alloy,i found so drilled centre ground nut down make it thinner,fitted it to end cap and dot punched thread so not to come undone,,,works a treat.

Thanks everyone. No swivel is looking like the best option. There's no exposed mag tube to attach to and I've not got sufficient skills/experience to modify the existing end-cap. Have enquired with a company that provides spares to ask whether there is compatibility between Webley/Hatsan end caps. No response... 

12 minutes ago, HW95J said:

Thanks everyone. No swivel is looking like the best option. There's no exposed mag tube to attach to and I've not got sufficient skills/experience to modify the existing end-cap. Have enquired with a company that provides spares to ask whether there is compatibility between Webley/Hatsan end caps. No response... 

Can you not drill a hole in the end cap ?

Just checked a Wobbly 812 against an early hatstand.

The threads seen sort of ok although the knurling to lock the end cap is totally different.

So no the one's I have aren't compatable.

You'll have to drill the one you have as sugested.

Has a neighbour got a drill press?

Or a small engineering firm would do the hole for free or a "beer token" at most.

3 hours ago, gotgcoalman said:

Just checked a Wobbly 812 against an early hatstand.

The threads seen sort of ok although the knurling to lock the end cap is totally different.

So no the one's I have aren't compatable.

You'll have to drill the one you have as sugested.

Has a neighbour got a drill press?

Or a small engineering firm would do the hole for free or a "beer token" at most.

Thanks for checking this, much appreciated 👍

9 hours ago, hawkfanz said:

tried loadin pics to pm could do it so here they are,if you need more detail pm me ur mailbox.you need 2 sets of these swivel mounts threaded with nuts on them for plastic stocks.ebey item no 173500009017

IMG_7071_1.jpg

IMG_7068_1.jpg

IMG_7073_1.jpg

As in PM have got these ordered from the bay. Updates to follow once they're over from China-  see you all in 2019 :lol:

• 1 month later...

Time for an update. As below, followed advice from the thread and got the mounts on with out much issue. At the last minute I decided to buy the swivels from a UK seller instead of China to get them quicker. Turns out that seller was full of it and they did indeed come from China 😐 paid twice as much as well! Left some v.negative feedback but couldn't find a way to report them for it. So anyway after a hell of a long wait I got the work done.  Used a Dremmel drill for the stock hole (nice and easy) and cut the bolt at the front down with pliers to right length to not touch the mag tube before sanding smooth. Trouble is I had it out a few times while waiting for the order to arrive and in that time decided that semi autos aren't for me. So after all that fuss I'm getting rid of it 😂 I can operate an O/U quicker and avoid spraying empties all over the shop.  Fun experience though, had to try it...

Webley810.jpg