Stafford.

manthing

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm incandescent with rage. 😡

Less than a month application to grant, went to Premier Guns this week and picks his gun up on Wednesday after the adjustables have been done to the stock. No silly letters from the Dr's. 

I had to wait nearly two months. 😕

Well done to who ever is running the Firearms dept for Staffordshire. 

9 hours ago, manthing said:

Well I'm incandescent with rage. 😡

Less than a month application to grant, went to Premier Guns this week and picks his gun up on Wednesday after the adjustables have been done to the stock. No silly letters from the Dr's. 

I had to wait nearly two months. 😕

Well done to who ever is running the Firearms dept for Staffordshire. 

And now I am on here as well...  Cant wait until I get my gun on Wednesday, although I may be better using a catapult

On 16/12/2018 at 22:54, yorkkie said:

And now I am on here as well...  Cant wait until I get my gun on Wednesday, although I may be better using a catapult

Eyup. 😁

You taking a tour of the clay ground when you've picked it up? Careful it can get expensive quickly.. 😀

9 minutes ago, Bede said:

I applied for my SGC with Staffs Police in July.  Got my certificate in under 4 weeks.

Excellent. 👍

So, local guys - where's good to shoot 'round these parts?  Currently I shoot at Mickley Hall and know of Doveridge and Audley Gun Club, althought there's absolutely no information available regarding how to join Audley Gun Club on the face of the earth.

I recently bought my shotgun and want to get out of a Sunday morning at various places for a bit of clay blasting but am new to it all and need to learn of where to go.

So am I as you can see from my posts,  I am better with a catapult at the moment.....   I tag along with Manthing and a few others to a shoot just outside Penkridge, I am south of you so it is not too bad to jump 1 junction down the M6 on Sunday mornings..  I have also been to Doveridge, but not my favourite....   Millride is OK although quite a way south of you. 

As I said earlier I pick up my first gun tomorrow at Doveridge so looking forward to breaking a few clays.

On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 16:55, Fisheruk said:

Enjoy your new sport.

thank you

On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 22:42, manthing said:

@Bede, Basford shooting ground is close to you, but be warned its quite a physical ground going around a hill. Good challenging ground though. Cloudside also popped up on the map. 

@yorkkie, we need to talk catapults next time, picked 3 up this year off another forum and need to get using them. 😉

you bet.....  I use them when fishing,,,  I can throw a ball of groundbait 50+ yards and hit a tabletop

Basford shoots is about 2 miles from me not been for a few years but a nice friendly informal place.

my certificate is up for renewal  with Staffordshire police on both shotgun and firearms it’s been with them about 6 weeks they have sent temporary certificates out but not heard from the FLO yet so will have to see how long it takes.