Employee woes..

Salmo9

1 hour ago, Dougy said:

We dont like change. Either accept it or move on, its a job at the end of the day, not a life support machine. If your that good at what you do you will soon find another employer. 

That's the worst advise so far!

I would speak to an employment solicitor to see your options, don't sign anything until you have.

Hi guys - apologies for belated response was shooting yesterday..

Actual meeting was a telephone call with an HR colleague.. Initial pleasantries were dealt with then they'd enquired if I'd understood the reasoning behind their changes to my contract.

I should add that the move within the company included a pay rise, of which I have supporting documentation plus they've been paying it too, however the business now want to renege on this pay rise citing an 'error' had occurred and want to revert me back to my old salary of which I've objected to. HR informed me too, that this reduction in salary will happen at the start of next year whether I sign onto this 'appointment' or not..

At this point things got a little heated..

I stated that I'm not prepared to sign and insisted that the company need to maintain this higher level of pay until such times as I either sign said document or they terminate my contract.. HR disagreed..

we agreed to disagree and they will now prepare my case for further action, which will no doubt be termination of contract with twelve weeks notification, or if my management intervene then it could be 'business as usual' and I'd be a content little worker again.. Funnily, It's all gone a bit quiet on my management front though and I'm beginning to wonder if the boss has been told not to engage with me unless absolutely necessary.. Or is it just a coincidence..?

Cheers - Salmo9.

Think about the long term (in your case quite short term) picture on the income you'll receive by reverting back a lower salary, and any pension benefits that might bring v the combative approach.

Whichever gives the most cash is the one I'd go for, given you're heading for retirement.

Alternatively you may be independently wealthy, and enjoy telling them where to go in risk free way !!

At least you had a day shooting yesterday in any case ... normally fixes most things :good:

Assuming things are not any more nuanced than you have deacribed and if you have a written offer from them in respect to the new higher salary which you subsequently agreed to, then that is a contract between you.

They cannot change that without consultation and you are not obliged to agree.

They cannot terminate you on that basis either, they could re-assess the role and decide that on the basis of the new higher salary it no longer exists and effectively make you redundant, however very shaky ground.

Get formal advice now.  Either speak to someone like citizens advice or if you have legal cover on your home insurance speak to a solicitor with experience of employment law.

Highly likely 1 letter from a solicitor would stop all this immediately or get you an offer that you would be very happy with.

23 minutes ago, Pistol p said:

A friend in employment law has always said, when possible, use your sexuality, colour, genre, age, religion, creed, disability and health as weapons in an employment dispute.  Use them to your advantage and their disadvantage. 

Unless you are being discriminated against for one of those reasons - that is dishonest and poor advice.  No professional worth his fee should suggest you are dishonest in a legal matter.

2 hours ago, grrclark said:

Assuming things are not any more nuanced than you have deacribed and if you have a written offer from them in respect to the new higher salary which you subsequently agreed to, then that is a contract between you.

They cannot change that without consultation and you are not obliged to agree.

They cannot terminate you on that basis either, they could re-assess the role and decide that on the basis of the new higher salary it no longer exists and effectively make you redundant, however very shaky ground.

Get formal advice now.  Either speak to someone like citizens advice or if you have legal cover on your home insurance speak to a solicitor with experience of employment law.

Highly likely 1 letter from a solicitor would stop all this immediately or get you an offer that you would be very happy with.

This is good advice.