GP medical

Dan gunner

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but all I did was tell him I ain’t paying the fee

It’s been nearly a month ago, my doctor tried to charge £110 for a medical and when I told him where to stick it

The devil is always in the detail. You need a consistent account and your recollection of the conversation is sketchy, if I am being kind. In one post you merely say you are unwilling to pay. In the other - mmmm. I can see why your doctor took offence, unless you are exaggerating.

If I was your GP and reading this thread, I might well be speaking to a solicitor about libel. Conning is a serious allegation to make.

If your Firearms Department did speak about the Doctor/ Practice in the terms you state, I suspect no-one will hold their hands up to support you. I do not believe that anyone in that section would use the words that you quote. If they read what you have written, it will seal your fate and they do read the posts on here.

25 minutes ago, Dan gunner said:

all I did was tell him I ain’t paying the fee

2 hours ago, Dan gunner said:

my doctor tried to charge £110 for a medical and when I told him where to stick it he reported me to my local police

54 minutes ago, Dan gunner said:

All I was looking for on here was a solution as in what I could do next and not a debate!!

You do appear to have an err.. slightly combative manner, some people might find that aggressive.
And thats if you are telling us exactly what happened , and not the cleaned up version ?

Either way, youve got 3 choices.

Go legal, get a very expensive solicitor, or use your shooting organisation if you have one, personally I wouldnt have thought they would touch it, if youve given the doctor a round of expletives down the phone.

Apologise , and try to mend the issue, pay for the report ect, still might not be enough though.

Sell your guns and pack up shooting.

Unless you have some better ideas , thats it .

Edit, Lol , Gordon beat me to it 

Edited by Rewulf

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

You do appear to have an err.. slightly combative manner, some people might find that aggressive.
And thats if you are telling us exactly what happened , and not the cleaned up version ?

Either way, youve got 3 choices.

Go legal, get a very expensive solicitor, or use your shooting organisation if you have one, personally I wouldnt have thought they would touch it, if youve given the doctor a round of expletives down the phone.

Apologise , and try to mend the issue, pay for the report ect, still might not be enough though.

Sell your guns and pack up shooting.

Unless you have some better ideas , thats it .

You’ve really made me think there, it probably is the best option for me to pack in the shooting and start a new hobby, but I’m not really into anything else. I was taught to shoot at a very young age by and elder friend and I just wanted to keep at it, you guys have helped me come to my senses that this ain’t working for me. I appreciate that aswell from well respected shooters like yourselves, I would of loved to be on your levels one day but hay how never mind. Cheers guys 👍

Good luck with whatever you chose.

I am slightly bemused that we appear to be well respected shooters and on a higher level. Amazing what you can tell from a few posts.:hmm:

I will admit to being disappointed not to be able to read the e-mail which you were sending to the GMC.:yes:

I have donned my Tin Hat in anticipation of fallout so here goes.

When my cert comes up for renewal and my GP asks for a fee say £110 I will pay and get my renewal without any fuss.

TBH £110/5 years is £22.00 p/y that amount for me is the cheapest part of my shooting expense, yes I know it's not right but we keep getting shafted and as the op found out raise your voice slightly and next thing you know your cert has done a runner.

Can't be asked with the agro personally., Not for 22 notes a year..

This situation needs sorting but I fear It'd a long long long way off :hmm:

17 minutes ago, Snoozer said:

I have donned my Tin Hat in anticipation of fallout so here goes.

When my cert comes up for renewal and my GP asks for a fee say £110 I will pay and get my renewal without any fuss.

TBH £110/5 years is £22.00 p/y that amount for me is the cheapest part of my shooting expense, yes I know it's not right but we keep getting shafted and as the op found out raise your voice slightly and next thing you know your cert has done a runner.

Can't be asked with the agro personally., Not for 22 notes a year..

This situation needs sorting but I fear It'd a long long long way off :hmm:

I hear what your saying but why should we be pushed into a coner and be demanded to pay a substantial fee when no one speaks up, that’s the thing these days no one will make a stand for there self and let people with authority boss them about, yes my licence has gone, and yes my guns have gone but on the plus side they’ve gone on to my mate who I shoot with anyway so I feel as tho o haven’t lost as I can still use my guns under his supervision..

1 minute ago, Dan gunner said:

I hear what your saying but why should we be pushed into a coner and be demanded to pay a substantial fee when no one speaks up, that’s the thing these days no one will make a stand for there self and let people with authority boss them about, yes my licence has gone, and yes my guns have gone but on the plus side they’ve gone on to my mate who I shoot with anyway so I feel as tho o haven’t lost as I can still use my guns under his supervision..

Yep I hear ya and I hope the situation doesn't become a permanant one, atb

Why don't you give your FEO a ring and request a meeting. You can then address the issues face to face and convince him that you're not a raving looney but just an ordinary chap with principles who loves his shooting. 

I feel sure that with the correct approach you will get your SGC.

22 minutes ago, CharlieT said:

Why don't you give your FEO a ring and request a meeting. You can then address the issues face to face and convince him that you're not a raving looney but just an ordinary chap with principles who loves his shooting. 

I feel sure that with the correct approach you will get your SGC.

I appreciate the response, I’ve phoned my FEO and I’m just waiting for a visit from him but it won’t be this side of Christmas which is a shame but they said it will be early on in the new year. Cheers charle..

3 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

I thought you were looking for a new hobby, based on what you posted. Just shows how wrong you can be - when you take someone at their word.

Any chance of a look at that e-mail?

I will fully publish the email and the response I get once it has all gone through the correct procedure as I don’t want to jeopardise my licence and my future as a shooter. I hope you can fully understand this and respect the fact it’s a confidential matter, there is one other hobbie me and the wife want to take up and that’s dogging but I’m yet to read into it and see what it’s all about..

16 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Trolls are always persistent, but limited. A bit like Diane Abbott - they don't have a clear recollection of what they have already said.

I await the publication of the e-mail. Meanwhile I will plait some sawdust and juggle soot.

Does this site have a like button? Because I’m pushing that mother ****** 👍

In my industry I need to have a full medical every two years.  We use independent NHS medical centres.  When you have these medicals done you can receive your full medical history for £52  so why go to your doctor and on the plus side you get a full mot at the same time. 

was the fee for the medical notes or your gp thought you needed a full medical exam?

Medical notes= paper.

or

Full medical =finger up the bum type stuff?

just applied for my explosives and I might have to pay to get it granted,If £110 and a bum fingering from the Dr.seems like a small price to pay for the 5 years.

Although my Dr has large hands🙄

10 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

No need to be coarse. Your previous post already hit the gutter.

Have you ever actually held a licence? I am having my doubts.

Who knows gord? I might just be dreaming and wishing I had a shotgun licence 😉ha x

3 minutes ago, gotgcoalman said:

was the fee for the medical notes or your gp thought you needed a full medical exam?

Medical notes= paper.

or

Full medical =finger up the bum type stuff?

just applied for my explosives and I might have to pay to get it granted,If £110 and a bum fingering from the Dr.seems like a small price to pay for the 5 years.

Although my Dr has large hands🙄

If that floats your boat sunshine then you should go for it 👌...

8 minutes ago, The gouse said:

In my industry I need to have a full medical every two years.  We use independent NHS medical centres.  When you have these medicals done you can receive your full medical history for £52  so why go to your doctor and on the plus side you get a full mot at the same time. 

Because the feo sent the medical request to my local GP, I’ve had no say in my renewal and the quack is demanding £110 from me, wich is no prob for me but it’s just principle to stand up for yourself and fight for what you know is right 😁

2 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

2 minutes ago, Dan gunner said:

Because the feo sent the medical request to my local GP, I’ve had no say in my renewal and the quack is demanding £110 from me, wich is no prob for me but it’s just principle to stand up for yourself and fight for what you know is right 😁

If you’re medical history comes from an approved NHS medical Centre what does it matter. Just pay the £50 pound get yourself a full mot and be done with it. 

I work away and can’t make the appointment, but the doc doesn’t see a way around it, I don’t drink/smoke and haven’t been to my doctors for at least 15yrs not even for an headache tablet, but if I was an alcoholic or a drug user then they would accommodate my needs and absolutely free of charge. I strongly disagree with the system and the way the hard working tax payers are treated. Yes it’s only £110 and that wouldn’t even scratch ones days wage for me but it’s principal and I stand up for what I believe. If I got to supervised when I shoot then so be it, but I refuse to be Beatn and please or affend then so be it..