GP medical

Dan gunner

8 minutes ago, Seadog1408 said:

Your posts clearly came across that way.

as for the OP, I would like to give him the benefit of doubt, however it does seem like he brought this situation on himself.

mike

Mke my point was civility does not cost anything and to that point i pmd the op  to say apology if i disrupted his OP. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Its true Gordon can be a little err.. abrupt  but in this case , hes on the money.
The OP has been asked for payment for the GP letter, and despite it 'barely scratching a days wage' has pretty obviously given (pardon the pun) both barrels of abuse down the phone at GP or receptionist, enough to warrant them informing the police of concern over his aggressive behaviour.
The result of this behaviour is a temporary (or maybe mot ) revocation of his ticket.

Good luck.

you must be one of the lucky ones if £110 is a days wage:hmm:

Edited by andrewluke

18 hours ago, Dan gunner said:

I work away and can’t make the appointment, but the doc doesn’t see a way around it, I don’t drink/smoke and haven’t been to my doctors for at least 15yrs not even for an headache tablet, but if I was an alcoholic or a drug user then they would accommodate my needs and absolutely free of charge. I strongly disagree with the system and the way the hard working tax payers are treated. Yes it’s only £110 and that wouldn’t even scratch ones days wage for me but it’s principal and I stand up for what I believe. If I got to supervised when I shoot then so be it, but I refuse to be Beatn and please or affend then so be it..

5 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

No matter what has been said , people do fall out from time to time , but i belive this is still one of the best shooting forum . And people are always helpfull  to each other .

That’s spot on John, a mate of mine told me about this forum and said get on there and see what info I can find. There’s plenty of tips and info wich are really helpfull 💯.

I'm new to the forum and have found it to be quite helpful, bit heathed is this thread though, I must say! 

To the original poster, Dan. Your obviously quite fond over the sport and it seems a shame for you to lose your SGC over £110. Now to me £110 Is a decent wedge of money, but you have to accept it's never going to be the cheapest of sports! Look at it this way, it's the same cost as half a case of shells! 

Seems there is a load of controversy over the medicals at the minute, but whether we like it or not, we do have to play by thier rules, they have a duty of care at the end of the day. It would be best if it's standardised, I'm sure we all agree, but it is what it is. Right or wrong, that's what's being requested and as a SGC holder there is a responsibility to provide it for the privilege of holding the certificate. I'm sure some will say a SGC is not a privellage, but in the eyes of the majority and ill informed, it is. We as a shooting community need to show willing to fulfil requests, be it right or wrong, to continue to enjoy the sport. I don't mean ridiculous requests or anything daft, but this in the eyes of most is a reasonable request.

That's my opinion anyway, Right or wrong doesn't really come into it for me, just do whats being asked as by not doing you will lose out, no one else. At any rate hope it gets sorted out and you can carry on enjoying the hobby.

Edited by MarcMaxus

Hi lads this is my personal Experience within the last 2 month  .........

my pal applied for his first shotgun liscence at the begining of October 2018 . His firearms officer rang him up and said he needed to get his GP to fill in the relevant forms and emailed him the template blah blah ... unfortunatly my mates a busy boy and completely forgot to contact the GP ... he then got a phone call again a week or so later from the firearms office arranging his interview and home visit ... 5 days after the visit SGC get delivered !!! (He never had to get the medical bit done!) All in all took him less than 30 days to get his first ticket 

I have just applied for my SGC (2nd but not a renewal , I foolishly surrended my liscence 5 years ago)

I followed the police (Nottingham police) guidelines to the T and my GP charged me a small fee of £25 for the pleasure and posted the relevant details to local Police first class . And I havnt heard anything and it’s been 3 /nearly 4 weeks 🙈🙈.    Some people are just lucky I guess and unfortunatly the original thread poster Dan is one of them  !    

SS

Edited by secret-squirrel

On 03/12/2018 at 17:03, Dan gunner said:

And I’m fully aware of what your saying, but all I did was tell him I ain’t paying the fee as I’ve been advised by other professionals and now I’ve had my licence revoked because he’s gone and said I’ve been aggressive over the phone. There’s no way on earth I’m going to back down when I know I havnt done anything wrong, and like I said I’m previous posts hand on heart the firearms department said do not pay that fee and take it further, but because it’s cone from a doctor that I was aggressive on the phone to him it makes me look like a criminal and I will not back down form it, too much of that this country does!

Sounds like you'd get further by arguing class discrimination! Especially if you didn't use an obscenity on the phone. If you did swear, you'll probably need to accept that is considered aggressive in formal and business circles and definitely in the NHS. If you didn't swear you had better find a new GP and send in supporting letters. 

16 hours ago, MarcMaxus said:

I'm new to the forum and have found it to be quite helpful, bit heathed is this thread though, I must say! 

To the original poster, Dan. Your obviously quite fond over the sport and it seems a shame for you to lose your SGC over £110. Now to me £110 Is a decent wedge of money, but you have to accept it's never going to be the cheapest of sports! Look at it this way, it's the same cost as half a case of shells! 

Seems there is a load of controversy over the medicals at the minute, but whether we like it or not, we do have to play by thier rules, they have a duty of care at the end of the day. It would be best if it's standardised, I'm sure we all agree, but it is what it is. Right or wrong, that's what's being requested and as a SGC holder there is a responsibility to provide it for the privilege of holding the certificate. I'm sure some will say a SGC is not a privellage, but in the eyes of the majority and ill informed, it is. We as a shooting community need to show willing to fulfil requests, be it right or wrong, to continue to enjoy the sport. I don't mean ridiculous requests or anything daft, but this in the eyes of most is a reasonable request.

That's my opinion anyway, Right or wrong doesn't really come into it for me, just do whats being asked as by not doing you will lose out, no one else. At any rate hope it gets sorted out and you can carry on enjoying the hobby.

I agree totally with your response, much appreciated. Ummm it’s not the fact that’s its £110 it’s more of I can’t make a week day appointment with the GP for a full mot, and I’m still confused as to why I need to go over my GP’s when I’ve been told by my feo that o shouldn’t have to do anything as my GP will refere to my medical history, I said to him on the phone il pay the £110 but he said it don’t work like that you need to come over for a full mot. That’s what the phone call was mostly about until we both started to get a bit (arguable) over the phone. All I can do now is wait for a phone call/cost of the feo with his desicion on my renewel. Fingers crossed. 

10 minutes ago, Dan gunner said:

until we both started to get a bit (arguable) over the phone

Did you F and blind at the doctor down the phone ?

11 minutes ago, Dan gunner said:

All I can do now is wait for a phone call/cost of the feo with his desicion on my renewel

I thought you'd been revoked ?

There's an app called Pateint Access. It's free to use, just get a code online to verify your details. You can download a copy of your medical report there, export it from the app, it's a free thing and hopefully that will suffice. I do understand your frustrations and situation and I would be disgruntled too, but until a better system comes into force and it's standardised we just have to jump through the hoops to avoid any grief.

If you fight the system, there's only one winner. Just do what you can to try and get back a bit of control and hopefully start to get back into the sport.

Edited by MarcMaxus

17 minutes ago, MarcMaxus said:

There's an app called Pateint Access. It's free to use, just get a code online to verify your details. You can download a copy of your medical report there, export it from the app, it's a free thing and hopefully that will suffice. I do understand your frustrations and situation and I would be disgruntled too, but until a better system comes into force and it's standardised we just have to jump through the hoops to avoid any grief.

If you fight the system, there's only one winner. Just do what you can to try and get back a bit of control and hopefully start to get back into the sport.

I will deffo look into that, the sooner it gets sorted the better. I work away all year round and the only time I get to spend with my guns is over Christmas when I get some good time off, but know the guns have gone it’s going to be out with the air guns instead of the shotguns 😞 cheers for the reply Marc. 👍

1 hour ago, MarcMaxus said:

And how does obtaining such a report fulfill the requirement that obliges the GP to add the required marker to the patient record.

Just had my explosives application form sent back by Durham force.

One of the questions was along the lines of.

Are you a nutter............Yes/No

If yes give details of which madness you have and name of GP/practice,then sign/date in the box.

I obviously put No I'm not a looney and went to the next section.

Turns out regardless of answer, the Dr bit had to be filled in so they could contact him (form needs re wording)

No mention of me needing to pay for a full report though thankfully.

1 hour ago, Dan gunner said:

I will deffo look into that, the sooner it gets sorted the better. I work away all year round and the only time I get to spend with my guns is over Christmas when I get some good time off, but know the guns have gone it’s going to be out with the air guns instead of the shotguns 😞 cheers for the reply Marc. 👍

So what’s your problem then if you just need your guns over Christmas. It comes round that quick blink and it’s Christmas 2019.😂

3 minutes ago, The gouse said:

So what’s your problem then if you just need your guns over Christmas. It comes round that quick blink and it’s Christmas 2019.😂

There is no problem, my guns are with my mate who I go shooting with evey time, plus there’s a few tucked away.. if you know what I mean 🤔ha

57 minutes ago, CharlieT said:

And how does obtaining such a report fulfill the requirement that obliges the GP to add the required marker to the patient record.

Probably doesn't, but that wasn't the question nor the reason it's being requested???

Edited by MarcMaxus