.44mag marlin

Just purchased a .44mag marlin micro groove rifling , looking for idea for reasonable rounds to reload, ideally with lead swc or round nose bullets would be idea as one of the ranges I use don’t like jacketed ammo so doesn’t need to be full .44mag power  , any help or tips appreciated 

Marlin microgroove rifling doesn't like soft lead bullets so the hard cast bullets from Shellhouse Bullet Co will be ideal. Any published load using Unique is pretty much always going to be good. Its such a forgiving powder its hard to go wrong .  

Edited by Vince Green

On 03/12/2018 at 16:39, marktattoo said:

Just purchased a .44mag marlin micro groove rifling , looking for idea for reasonable rounds to reload, ideally with lead swc or round nose bullets would be idea as one of the ranges I use don’t like jacketed ammo so doesn’t need to be full .44mag power  , any help or tips appreciated 

I have some 44 mag lee dies if your interested

On 05/12/2018 at 20:35, marktattoo said:

Thanks but already purchased some dies and cases 

What dies have you bought? First thing to realise is that the American Saami specs for pistols and rifles are different. Pistols are bored 0.429", whereas rifles are bored 0.431" +/- 0.002". Fit is key for cast bullets, so you really need to know your bore diameter by slugging your bore. 1-2 thou over bore diameter is recommended. 0.429" cast bullets caused lots of leading and poor accuracy in mine. I'm casting to 0.434" for mine, although I did have good accuracy and no leading with 240 grain Shellhouse bullets as cast (0.4335") tumble lubed and crimped behind the grease groove because of a very deep throat. Concur with Vince that Unique is a good powder.