Dave Carrie .410 day

button

3 minutes ago, sitsinhedges said:

It was interesting. Would have preferred more shooting and less talking though. Just bought myself a nice little Yildiz 410, very nice to shoot for the money and very capable out to 30yards.

hello, which model 410 did you buy, i am looking at a 12 in SPZ ME,

53 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Shoot that piece of ground fairly regularly and it provides some nice partridge shooting.  Sitsin...   get some big sheets of cardboard and do some pattern testing on that new gun at 35yrds with the chokes supplied and you will be surprised.  I only saw him miss one, so they didn't edit that one out.

First thing I did. Settled on half and full. No need to push it too hard.

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, which model 410 did you buy, i am looking at a 12 in SPZ ME,

I got the SPZ M I think, non ejector. Fits surprisingly well. Quite a lot of trigger creep but I can live with that.

1 hour ago, sitsinhedges said:

First thing I did. Settled on half and full. No need to push it too hard.

I got the SPZ M I think, non ejector. Fits surprisingly well. Quite a lot of trigger creep but I can live with that.

hello, that is the SPZ M non ejector or SPZM E with, if you purchased new it has a 2 year warranty but not sure if it would cover trigger problems, cheers

I too know this farm as it adjoins fields where Clodhopper and I then Mighty Mariner and I shot fifty pigeons flighting into a bean stubble. The ground is gently rolling with quite a few cover crops.

None of the partridges I saw in the video were very challenging and .410 guns in the right hands should have been able to manage them easily enough.

31 minutes ago, JDog said:

I too know this farm as it adjoins fields where Clodhopper and I then Mighty Mariner and I shot fifty pigeons flighting into a bean stubble. The ground is gently rolling with quite a few cover crops.

None of the partridges I saw in the video were very challenging and .410 guns in the right hands should have been able to manage them easily enough.

Not a lot of wind that day. Shot that Valley drive a few weeks ago in a 30mph breeze and it was most entertaining.  Infortunately I was drawn  on the end peg but still managed three that came my way. 

17 hours ago, bunny_blaster said:

I shot this day and really enjoyed it. I shoot all my game days with a .410 and there were some good birds shot. 

Mind me asking how much this day was? 

Carrie stated as it was a small bore day it’s more affordable. I would have thought the price per bird was the same regardless. 

Just wondered if someone out there who is brighter than me could put a link up to show the Dave Carrie video "lets go to the local duck shoot (Brandesburton)", not my cup of tea at all but it does show what a decent shop bought steel cartrige can do ,

It does seem that proper wildfowlers who use it all the time have no doubts as to its effectiveness i wouldnt use anything else . but you still hear a lot of negativity from the game shooting community i felt that Mr Carrie had his doubts untill he used it .correct me if i am wrong but i think that the Gamebore supersteel have the biodegradable wads as well.

2 hours ago, holloway said:

Just wondered if someone out there who is brighter than me could put a link up to show the Dave Carrie video "lets go to the local duck shoot (Brandesburton)", not my cup of tea at all but it does show what a decent shop bought steel cartrige can do ,

It does seem that proper wildfowlers who use it all the time have no doubts as to its effectiveness i wouldnt use anything else . but you still hear a lot of negativity from the game shooting community i felt that Mr Carrie had his doubts untill he used it .correct me if i am wrong but i think that the Gamebore supersteel have the biodegradable wads as well.

• 7 months later...

me and a team do a small bore day every year at the start of the season all partridge its great fun .410 or 28 bore  it normally a 100 bird day .proper good fun day and a great way to start the season .we pay  £400 which includes the keepers tip