Brno opinions

keeper96

Hi guys, 

I picked a Brno mod 2 up today on a bit of a whim, cheap price for the rifle, scope and a moderator. 

It’s still got its iron sights and original 25” barrel, and overall in good condition. 

Whats people opinions on the Brno with regards to quality and accuracy plus ammunition recommendations. 

Thanks 

jamie 

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

Scully - I believe that Air Rifle barrels are often "choked" and I'm certain that I have read before that quite a few Rf/Cf barrels are the same?

Fair enough, though it’s news to me and sounds odd, admittedly. 

To the OP; mine ( CZ ) was chopped to 16” and as long as the recrown is well done it will be as accurate as when it left the factory. You may as well have it threaded for a mod’ while you’re at it though it’s your choice obviously. 

If I was  only allowed one rifle on ticket, this would be it, and in fact is, having sold my CF, which I don’t intend to replace. 

I’m having big debates on shortening it now! 

I had it out in the fields earlier just having a play and it was grouping under 1 inch at 50 yards from prone unsupported with the iron sights! 

I’d forgotten how much fun it could be playing with iron sights and the extra concentration needed to be accurate! 

i had an old original one..................it is the one rifle i have regretted selling.............i can remember now the "snick" of the bolt being worked even now.........in all the years i had it i only stripped the barrel out once ...and that was when i first got it 2nd hand...........

On 04/12/2018 at 12:24, keeper96 said:

I’m having big debates on shortening it now! 

I had it out in the fields earlier just having a play and it was grouping under 1 inch at 50 yards from prone unsupported with the iron sights! 

I’d forgotten how much fun it could be playing with iron sights and the extra concentration needed to be accurate! 

Don’t cut it in that case. I really used to enjoy taking the scope off mine and shooting it with iron sight, would get a safe back stop and put out various apples and oranges and shoot free hand from different ranges. 

Think it was the most fun I had with that rifle. After having it cut down I couldn’t do that anymore and really regretted it. 

Ive had mine for 35 years and would hate to think how many rounds have been through it, I had to have it cut down after I forgot to clean it and the crown corroded due to moisture. I was told by the chap that shortened and recrowned it that the end of the barrel was actually oval for the last inch which explained its accuracy dropping off. Its now 16 inches long and shoots sweet again, trigger magic kit which is smooth 

Having put 100 rounds through the rifle I’ve decided the best improvement I can make for the accuracy is to adjust the trigger. 

After some research it appears that I can either buy a spring kit for around £12-13 or some people are saying use a biro spring? 

Has anyone tried that as obviously if that works I’d rather not spend the money haha! 

Although if it doesn’t work then £13 isn’t a lot to spend either way. 

Thoughts appreciated!