bsa airsporter s.

gemini52

Thanks bruno22rf for clearing that up.The AirsporterS in .177 is mine as is the Theoben and there’s not much between them in age. The Airsporter S was bought in 1981 and the Theoben made just a few years later.

ant.mass sorry but it’s the only rifle I’ll never sell for me it’s perfect,it was 13 years old when I bought it virtually unfired  from a collector for £250 probably late 1990s if you can find one I’d recommend you buy it I don’t think you’d regret it.

dekers I just noticed your comment posh ****** if that was aimed at me ,I think you’ll agree I’m not such a posh ****** when I advise you in good old Glasgow vernacular to “ Get a life ya ****”

On 10/12/2018 at 18:22, Konor said:

Dekers I just noticed your comment posh ****** if that was aimed at me ,I think you’ll agree I’m not such a posh ****** when I advise you in good old Glasgow vernacular to “ Get a life ya ****”

Its pretty clear that he was paying your rifle a compliment.

On 8 December 2018 at 18:43, Dekers said:

Posh ******...….

BSA1a.jpg.570b99036a1e373a748094c4f1829732.jpgBSAa.jpg.9872f9ac71732782370b112292f4d45e.jpg

Mine from new in about 1970/71 I believe, and if memory serves me correctly still about 11.4ft lb when I last checked, gets very little use these days but can't bring myself to sell it! Oh yes, and a proper calibre .22! :lol::good:

Zapp I'm surprised you didn't jump in earlier Nemo me impune lacessit

Having seen your latest post Dekers my sincere apologies

• 2 weeks later...

Love the look of the Airsporter S and still have mine from about 83 I think, in the rarer .177. Not shot it in a long while but I will never sell it as I have lots of fond memories and a scar to remind me to be  more careful when changing the spring lol

Only regret I have with mine is I stupidly put a suppreser  on it and marked the barrel with the grub screw  doh 

My father had an airsporter and when I was 16 (1959) he bought me a Webley MK III. We shot a lot together and on balance I believe the Webley MK III to be the better air rifle. Certainly better engineered. Sadly, he lent his BSA to a cousin and it never came back. My Webley is safely tucked away upstairs.