Hooks/hanger

ladyjack

Get a nice slab of timber with bark on as many edges as poss, ideally a inch thick. Make sure its longer + wider than the dimensions of your gun. Give it a good sand. Now the fun part. Go find some rusty old gate hangers, out of a old barn or wherever, grind off the thread to a point, sandblast them, then hammer them (chisel out a square hole roughly 1/2 to 3/4 of the thickness of the hanger) into the timber at set lengths of your gun to hang. Dab of gorilla glue on the end as well just to be sure. 

Varnish the lot (including metal) 

Sounds **** but the rustic look works and ive been making them for years, also as coat hangers.

37 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Get a nice slab of timber with bark on as many edges as poss, ideally a inch thick. Make sure its longer + wider than the dimensions of your gun. Give it a good sand. Now the fun part. Go find some rusty old gate hangers, out of a old barn or wherever, grind off the thread to a point, sandblast them, then hammer them (chisel out a square hole roughly 1/2 to 3/4 of the thickness of the hanger) into the timber at set lengths of your gun to hang. Dab of gorilla glue on the end as well just to be sure. 

Varnish the lot (including metal) 

Sounds **** but the rustic look works and ive been making them for years, also as coat hangers.

need a pic

On 04/12/2018 at 19:19, billytheghillie said:

need a pic

All sold on the bay years ago. If I could source gate hinges/hangers in a rusty state I'd make more. Bloody expensive on the bay, and new ones whilst cheap look rubbish. 

So if anybody has any spare in bucket rusting away I'll take them off your hands :good:

4 minutes ago, ladyjack said:

20181130_143714.jpg.f902ff68bb6385e42872fe76765b5b6e.jpg

Sod the woodwork I wanna drink at your house 😅

2 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

All sold on the bay years ago. If I could source gate hinges/hangers in a rusty state I'd make more. Bloody expensive on the bay, and new ones whilst cheap look rubbish. 

So if anybody has any spare in bucket rusting away I'll take them off your hands :good:

Sod the woodwork I wanna drink at your house 😅

No problem strummer oh if you were closer I'll get the wood you pour the drinks lo

I had some (brass leather covered) from Powells years ago, but can't see them now.  I did find these;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shotgun-Hangers-Archery-Storage-B-black/dp/B01N6CMGYL/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_200_bs_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=3GQG4TME9M3EVHZGYKNE

https://www.historical-firearms.co.uk/acatalog/hook-wall-hanger.html

More extensive searching may turn up others as these look pretty basic for a tenner!

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/12/2018 at 10:59, Mighty Ruler said:

2 pieces of wood 4” x 1 3/4” x 3/4”

2 pieces of dowel 3/4” x  2 5/8”

2 small wooden drawer handles

And you’ll need something to drill a 3/4” hole with.

4B84416F-3CC0-41F2-B2F5-EF1D4A7A7C04.jpeg

Like the look of these going to try and make a few, thanks for pic mighty ruler

21 minutes ago, ladyjack said:

Like the look of these going to try and make a few, thanks for pic mighty ruler

The dowel is glued into the batten and I knocked a nail through the side for extra support. The knob had a nut set into the back side so I drilled a hole in the end of the dowel and screwed a pin into it with a spot of glue on the thread then cut the head of the pin off.

Cheers

Well I've got an idea,I am going to try,I am going to drill wall and leave the bit in,then drill dowel same size of bit,slide dowel over drill bit, hang gun on dowel,thenscrew drawer knb to dowel,(stain wood before fix to wall)if this works I'll post a pic,then we can all hail the mighty ruler for giving me the  idea,thanks Dave.

• 2 months later...

Having racked my brain trying to think of ways to hang my muzzle loaders, to show them off best,a pw member directed me here to ask for ideas,  so if anyone like to share some ideas ide be more than great full,thanks Dave,these are my guns

20190304_185033.jpg

Edited by ladyjack
Pic size