Problems with Neighbours (again)

Doc Holliday

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't spoken to the couple on my right for 8 years and to be honest it wouldn't bother any of my family if they never spoke again shes a screwball and hes under the thumb , i honestly don't know anybody outside there family that speaks to them except the oldest daughter she saw scene and stopped visiting years ago , the old couple on the left are the salt of the earth and it would worry me if they never spoke to me again as we like to do the little bits and bobs for them 

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

Bloody do gooders feeding foxes is a pain in the ****!! 

Once the bloke opposite dumped a load of KFC ontonthe communal grass in front of all the houses. I often let my dog out front before bed just to run around and he almost choked on a huge piece that I had to pull out from the back of his throat! Often thrown food there as well still partly in the packet. 

Another person also feeds the foxes in the park and several people have said their dogs often find it whilst free running and it really upsets their stomach! 

Whilst you might think it’s nice to see them, they’re a bloody nuisance and the people feeding them are a bloody nuisance too!! 

Bang on the money Lloyd!:good::lol::rolleyes:

Ive just been in Manchester for a couple of days visiting relatives. One of them lives in a ground floor flat overlooking a pleasant and large expanse of grass and shrubbery. We don’t get many grey squirrels where I live, and those which appear are hunted down, but today I was stood within two metres of two greys with only a conservatory door between us. They are fed on a daily basis, as are the foxes and pigeons. I was tempted to say something, but thought it wiser to bite my tongue. 🙂

3 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Bloody do gooders feeding foxes is a pain in the ****!! 

Once the bloke opposite dumped a load of KFC ontonthe communal grass in front of all the houses. I often let my dog out front before bed just to run around and he almost choked on a huge piece that I had to pull out from the back of his throat! Often thrown food there as well still partly in the packet. 

Another person also feeds the foxes in the park and several people have said their dogs often find it whilst free running and it really upsets their stomach! 

Whilst you might think it’s nice to see them, they’re a bloody nuisance and the people feeding them are a bloody nuisance too!! 

Good work staying off the forum when on holiday, oh and ive dropped a fox off in your garden this eve, secret world needed a home for it ha... 

To the OP, either talk to neighbours and try to find out why and what has happened, or just ignore them back. Unless they start causing you alot of hassle id not worry. Oh and don't put feed out in full view of them. 

2 hours ago, andrewluke said:

some don't find them a nuisance,

The people feeding them are when they’re putting local residents pets at risk and making them sick! 

It’s inconsiderate at the least. 

4 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Good work staying off the forum when on holiday, oh and ive dropped a fox off in your garden this eve, secret world needed a home for it ha... 

To the OP, either talk to neighbours and try to find out why and what has happened, or just ignore them back. Unless they start causing you alot of hassle id not worry. Oh and don't put feed out in full view of them. 

I’m sat in the passenger seat of the car driving up to Philly 🤣 thought I’d check in if you’ve learned to shoot yet ... 

5 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

The people feeding them are when they’re putting local residents pets at risk and making them sick! 

It’s inconsiderate at the least. 

I’m sat in the passenger seat of the car driving up to Philly 🤣 thought I’d check in if you’ve learned to shoot yet ... 

Ha, well seeing how many foxes are about to be fed, the answer is no.... 

25 minutes ago, Scully said:

Ive just been in Manchester for a couple of days visiting relatives. One of them lives in a ground floor flat overlooking a pleasant and large expanse of grass and shrubbery. We don’t get many grey squirrels where I live, and those which appear are hunted down, but today I was stood within two metres of two greys with only a conservatory door between us. They are fed on a daily basis, as are the foxes and pigeons. I was tempted to say something, but thought it wiser to bite my tongue. 🙂

We used to live in south Manchester until recently, and we witnessed the Greys and Magpies virtually exterminate the songbirds over about six years, both of these being religiously fed by the neighbors on all three  sides making it impossible to reduce the numbers.  On one occasion during the last winter there I counted 30 magpies in the surrounding trees at one time.  I was not in a position to do a similar grey count but it was not unusual to see a dozen+ on the feeders in adjacent gardens. A pair of fox had also taken up residence in the next door garden, the mangy pair use to drive the pooch nuts.  It was also not unusual to six 5/6 foxes when out and about early or late.

Due to the bunny hugging neighbors it was impossible to reduce the numbers.  They were, however, constantly whinging about the lack of small songbirds but would not see they themselves were a large part of the problem.

I would add that in the last 4 years in a rural area I have seen but 1 fox and that was a totally different looking animal.

i have the  same problem with my neighbors they mostly have yappy dogs  barking at anything that moves in the street they put the enviromental and rural police on my door step i said come in they told me if i put food on the green i my cul de sac i could be find thousands of pounds but if i did it on my  own property that was ok  when i explained i feed them so they get used to rabbit head  and any carcases that we have breasted then i bait a couple of walk in traps then its in the car on to a farm and give them a led sleeping pill  the enviromental  people said do you shoot dear i said yes they both asked will i dispatch road casualties for essex police i now dispatatch for the police two country parks and the r s p c a thank you p xxy neighbors the fox population is a lot less cheers len

9 hours ago, Len2016 said:

i have the  same problem with my neighbors they mostly have yappy dogs  barking at anything that moves in the street they put the enviromental and rural police on my door step i said come in they told me if i put food on the green i my cul de sac i could be find thousands of pounds but if i did it on my  own property that was ok  when i explained i feed them so they get used to rabbit head  and any carcases that we have breasted then i bait a couple of walk in traps then its in the car on to a farm and give them a led sleeping pill  the enviromental  people said do you shoot dear i said yes they both asked will i dispatch road casualties for essex police i now dispatatch for the police two country parks and the r s p c a thank you p xxy neighbors the fox population is a lot less cheers len

That worked out quite nicely :good:

I live on the outskirts of a small city and regularly see roe, otter, osprey, beavers, and fox. I also fish and when I have finished filleting rather than put the frames and heads in the bin I put them out for the foxes and hopefully the otters too.

If I am out on my permissions then the only reason I would feed the foxes is to shoot them, the foxes near where I live keep the rodents down as there are hundreds of hectares of grassland for them, that way everyone wins

On 06/12/2018 at 19:22, andrewluke said:

oh i forgot,they also attack babies:whistling:

https://metro.co.uk/2018/02/15/killer-urban-fox-attacks-baby-bouncer-sneaking-family-home-7314171/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21399709

No course they don't, or lambs.

Foxes are just lovely fluffy...killers , of anything they can get their paws on.

On 04/12/2018 at 18:38, Dibble said:

Around here, with no predators except BMWs, urban fox numbers rise until the food supply runs out with say 10% starving at any point.

If you feed them total numbers will rise but 10% will still be starving so you have more starving foxes not less!

Malthus theorem!

Population is controlled by one of three things:

War

Pestilence

Famine