Cabinet Keys

button

Just now, CityTurnedCountryMan said:

Securing the keys, hiding them or keeping them on your person. FEO simply asked me to tick 1 of the three options on his form for wht I was currently doing which was hiding them. He had no issue with this. But again the FEO's in Scotland seem to be a little different than England 

Which part of PS do you call under if you don't mind me asking?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, button said:

Which part of PS do you call under if you don't mind me asking?

Mine was Police Scotland, Midlothian and I was asked the same ‘one of three’ options. The FEO was a civilian but a retired officer, he has been doing it for donkeys. Certainly seemed to know his stuff and was straightforward and helpful.

Think it was about 2 years ago now so they may have changed their forms/procedures/interpreting of the guidelines. 

From my experience and knowledge so far Police Scotland seem to have done a really good job with Firearms licencing. I applied for a grant on September 12th and have been told to expect my certificate in the next 2 weeks which will be 12 weeks from start to finish. Bare in mind this is a grant not even a renewal 

Just now, button said:

While the same force they still have the units in each area before PS

They do but they all follow exactly the same process. Into the wilderness (the Pace brothers) did 2 over hour long podcasts with Frasier Lamb who at the time was head of Police Scotland Firearms licencing. I would recommend a listen:

https://paceproductionsuk.libsyn.com/24-part-1-firearms-licencing-from-police-hq-rifle-calibre-restrictions-public-safety

https://paceproductionsuk.libsyn.com/24-part-2-gun-security-firearms-licencing-from-police-hq-rifle-calibre-restrictions-public-safety

Also available on iTunes and Soundcloud etc.

1 minute ago, CityTurnedCountryMan said:

They do but they all follow exactly the same process. Into the wilderness (the Pace brothers) did 2 over hour long podcasts with Frasier Lamb who at the time was head of Police Scotland Firearms licencing. I would recommend a listen:

https://paceproductionsuk.libsyn.com/24-part-1-firearms-licencing-from-police-hq-rifle-calibre-restrictions-public-safety

https://paceproductionsuk.libsyn.com/24-part-2-gun-security-firearms-licencing-from-police-hq-rifle-calibre-restrictions-public-safety

Also available on iTunes and Soundcloud etc.

Thanks for that will listen

Key security wasn't an issue when I renewed my SGC earlier this year with North Yorks police.  They didn't visit me or have any other contact, it was just a case of send off the renewal papers and get renewed SGC about 6 weeks later.

Looks like an example of regional disparity/lack of consistency in licence requirements.

There's some codswollop around. Some plonkers come up with an amazing idea to increase security, without actually having the brain switched on. 

And nobody with the sphericals to tell them so. 

Gun safe keys in the house give any person who finds them free access to all they need. yes they need to find them, but they have a dam sight more chance than if they were with the occupier out doing the weekly shopping. 

33 minutes ago, Dougy said:

There's some codswollop around. Some plonkers come up with an amazing idea to increase security, without actually having the brain switched on. 

And nobody with the sphericals to tell them so. 

Gun safe keys in the house give any person who finds them free access to all they need. yes they need to find them, but they have a dam sight more chance than if they were with the occupier out doing the weekly shopping. 

So if the gun safe keys are kept in your possession at all times do you also keep the spare set in the other pocket.

Gordon Bennett! Just hide them in your house for crying out loud! The only use a key safe has is if it’s been used as a decoy and is in fact welded shut containing keys to anything but your cabinets. 

We all live in houses where if you use your imagination we can find a foolproof place for keys.....the secret is remembering where we hid them, as I know to my cost! 😃

34 minutes ago, Scully said:

Gordon Bennett! Just hide them in your house for crying out loud! The only use a key safe has is if it’s been used as a decoy and is in fact welded shut containing keys to anything but your cabinets. 

We all live in houses where if you use your imagination we can find a foolproof place for keys.....the secret is remembering where we hid them, as I know to my cost! 😃

Dont drag Gorden into this for goodness sake. He has some weird ideas about hiding keys.