Cabinet Keys

button

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine are buried in the garden next to the cat in a Tupperware container with inslation tape wrapped round it. 

The only problem now is asking the people that bought my house 23 years ago if i can pop round and dig a hole in their new living room extension. 

2 hours ago, Dougy said:

Mine are buried in the garden next to the cat in a Tupperware container with inslation tape wrapped round it. 

The only problem now is asking the people that bought my house 23 years ago if i can pop round and dig a hole in their new living room extension. 

Funny you should say that as when we having the extension built we found your Tupperware container and the keys, mind you we had a job picking the keys out of the rotting cat and the smell was horrible, but just to let you know we put the cat back and the keys are in the shed if you still want them.:good:

I said to the FEO "are you happy with me keeping my keys in a hidden keysafe" and he said Yes.

Hidden so burglars wont find them, in a keysafe so inquisitive teenagers who might guess where they are can't get them.

When I was a teenager I knew exactly where my Dads keys were hidden as apparently did my sister who showed her friends the .357

1 hour ago, old man said:

Mm, the police asking you to record one of 3 options for keeping keys secure?

That indicates a level of intelligence, them for asking and the holder for telling?

Exactly what I thought when I read it. The idea is to keep the location of the keys secret, not to give them a clue.

1 hour ago, walshie said:

Exactly what I thought when I read it. The idea is to keep the location of the keys secret, not to give them a clue.

One stage away from the Met passing on certificate holders details to smart water? Wonder whether any ***** spanked over that faux pas? I suspect not, probably an award for tightening security?

Edited by old man

Martyn - the safe looks a real cut above the usual safes and fine for a gunsafe, but I would worry about using one for a door key. Given the flimsy supplied screws, it could easily be prised off the outside wall, taken around the corner (where noise was not a problem) and cut open.

53 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Martyn - the safe looks a real cut above the usual safes and fine for a gunsafe, but I would worry about using one for a door key. Given the flimsy supplied screws, it could easily be prised off the outside wall, taken around the corner (where noise was not a problem) and cut open.

Yeah decent kit but I completely agree, the screws were a joke. I mounted mine with some threadbar and anchor resin instead :good:

Wouldn't use it for a front door key, but hidden away in the house and used for a gunsafe key seemed a pretty good solution. And you'd probably have more luck getting into most gun cabinets than one of these things, they're quite tough.

Edited by MartynGT4

1 minute ago, Jaymo said:

These are much publicised as to how easy they are to defeat - still, better than your coat pocket in the wardrobe!

Those "clever" little safes do have a terrible record of being opened quite easily.

Far better to hide your cabinet and its keys so that your "late at night visitors" just take the laptop and the keys to your car and go.