Sign in to follow this  
AULD YIN

bikes

30 minutes ago, amateur said:

I do like "specials" or bitsas as the uncouth say.

This is one that I built over 30 years ago out of 4 different Rickman Micrometisses to produce the hot 125 roadster that Rickman never made

http://Rickman Zundapp 125.png

I had one of these, electronic ignition gave problems, converted to poins & no problems Six speed Sachs?

On 09/12/2018 at 00:44, AULD YIN said:

Did you ever see a DMW with the 2stroke 250t villiers (spelling) trailing link front forks as far as i remember  ,i had one when i was 16 and was good bike WHEN it ran on the 2 cylinders. Aother queer one that uses the 250t engine was a scooter called i think a dayton abatross ,very fast for a scooter but  **** looking ,my pal owned that , the wifes brother had 1952 bantam and i was sitting behind him on my b33 at lights.let his engine revs drop till it nearly cut out but gave it a rev ,lights changed and he  put it in gear and the bantam shot back just missing me , engine had reversed  itself,never seen it before or after.

waffled on a bit there,

37 minutes ago, amateur said:

I do like "specials" or bitsas as the uncouth say.

This is one that I built over 30 years ago out of 4 different Rickman Micrometisses to produce the hot 125 roadster that Rickman never made

http://Rickman Zundapp 125.png

My  Aermacchi  "Harley"

P2100001 (2).JPG

Just now, guzzicat said:

My  Aermacchi  "Harley"

P2100001 (2).JPG

& A175 CZ  Trail

P2030017.JPG

3 minutes ago, guzzicat said:

I had one of these, electronic ignition gave problems, converted to poins & no problems Six speed Sachs?

No, they were a 5 speed Zundapp engine, and in this case I used the 12 volt electrics and electronic ignition from the later Police version, with no problems. I did have a choice of 3 other systems (2 x electronic 6 volt or 1 x points 12 volt).

The barrel was off the motocross version of these, the electrics, storage and centre stand were ex-police and the frame was a mixture of enduro and ISDT.

I do like the Aermacchi, guzzicat. Shame about the tank badge 😄

6 minutes ago, amateur said:

No, they were a 5 speed Zundapp engine, and in this case I used the 12 volt electrics and electronic ignition from the later Police version, with no problems. I did have a choice of 3 other systems (2 x electronic 6 volt or 1 x points 12 volt).

The barrel was off the motocross version of these, the electrics, storage and centre stand were ex-police and the frame was a mixture of enduro and ISDT.

Yes I should have "cafe Racered it "I did this with an R80, including straight through exhausts! 

33 minutes ago, amateur said:

Senior moment, Sachs 6 was in my Penton.

DVLA re Gilera.docx

Reminds me of one of my early bikes, bought as a basket case in boxes.

Put in all together and found I had a 3TA engine in a BSA A50 frame so a Tribsa,not a very fast tribsa.

So bad I called it Lunge, if anyone can remember it was Malcolms bike,Ogri's mate in Bike magazine.

Eventually found an A65 engine for it to turn it in to a 60mph cruiser, still a grot bike but smooth.

Had to sell it to buy my first house in the 80's(plus other bikes).

Upshot was one day an immaculate BSA stopped outside said house and I recognised the number plate,my old bike with a very proud owner,damn!

49 minutes ago, ratchers said:

Reminds me of one of my early bikes, bought as a basket case in boxes.

Put in all together and found I had a 3TA engine in a BSA A50 frame so a Tribsa,not a very fast tribsa.

So bad I called it Lunge, if anyone can remember it was Malcolms bike,Ogri's mate in Bike magazine.

Eventually found an A65 engine for it to turn it in to a 60mph cruiser, still a grot bike but smooth.

Had to sell it to buy my first house in the 80's(plus other bikes).

Upshot was one day an immaculate BSA stopped outside said house and I recognised the number plate,my old bike with a very proud owner,damn!

Ogri! thats a blast from the past, loved the cartoon work. The outfit was built by a late pal Trevor Youens,he raced oufits for years, 6T  motor,AMC box, ariel frame , It handled & had a great turn of speed.

Edited by guzzicat

Couple more, the Triton came incomplete  in boxes, the Greeves started with just a front beam from an autojumble & Like Toppsy just grew & grew over 2 years.

IMG_3956.JPG

IMG_3955.JPG

O/K For you old bike nuts, what is it? free R40 for best guess!

IMG_3957.JPG

My old Guzzi "as found" a wreck with a howling back end, will post pics of same after re/build when I find , a 250 Gilera. & a 400 Rd with allspeeds.

IMG_3961.JPG

IMG_3960.JPG

IMG_3958.JPG

4 hours ago, guzzicat said:

... I ran it on "R" just for the smell ........

I find that a spoonful of R40 to a tankful of petrol provides the heady scent with none of the downsides of running the engine entirely on R40.

I even add it to the lawnmower petrol so that I can fantasize whilst mowing the lawn.

21 hours ago, guzzicat said:

My old Guzzi "as found" a wreck with a howling back end, will post pics of same after re/build when I find , a 250 Gilera. & a 400 Rd with allspeeds.

IMG_3961.JPG

IMG_3960.JPG

IMG_3958.JPG

I had a Guzzi Le Mans for many years, a Mk 1, not standard.

It tried to kill me a few times and was off the road a bit but I loved it, so much character compared to a Jap four.

Had an FZ750 later, much better bike that did everything well but never loved it the same as the Guzzi.

Although did have a GS1000 I was rather fond of.

55 minutes ago, ratchers said:

I had a Guzzi Le Mans for many years, a Mk 1, not standard.

It tried to kill me a few times and was off the road a bit but I loved it, so much character compared to a Jap four.

Had an FZ750 later, much better bike that did everything well but never loved it the same as the Guzzi.

Although did have a GS1000 I was rather fond of.

Yes fancied a lemon, but never happened,lovelly ride, that off beat exhaust & such long legs, Gambalunga!