Sign in to follow this  
steve d

Gloves

Anyone solved the clay shooting glove conundrum yet? Macwets are great unless its cold, but my hands really feel the cold now or is it just buy a bulky pair and take them off when in the cage?

You can get the longer insulated back macwets for cd weather. I wear them but my hands still get cold so I have a hand warmer in my pocket.

Other good gloves for shooting are all weather golf gloves. Or dents leather shooting gloves.

Gonna give these a try with one of the chemical hot pads in each on the back of my hands.

Anyone used the under armour cold gear gloves, theyre quite thin with good feel?

IMG_1982.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

I used winter golf gloves. Most have a suede or similar palms Mine were super cheap Dunlop ones but others are available direct from a sports shop near you.

On 5 December 2018 at 19:38, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Pilots flying gloves, close fitting leather under big Gore-Tex mittens, remove mittens just before you take to the stand.

Either this or have a look at Gripswell. Sadly, these have shot up in price since I got mine. I have (needed) the full monty - palm swell, SbS and insulation and can shoot double trigger so a single selective would not be a problem.

Trouble for me is extra large hands. If I get my hands in most gloves I can't open my hand or fingers enough to shoot ok.

Some gents leather gloves with the lining removed from pad of trigger finger and thumb work ok.