Lloyd90

Wales / Bristol clay ground

My brother in laws licence has just come through so he will be looking for clay grounds in the South Wales area. 

I am also in the Bristol area and somewhere that we could both go would be ideal. 

Currently we have been heading down to Mendip which is a lovely ground, but insist you must use their carts which are like shooting confetti! 

Any recommendations for ground and possibly even who to see for lessons? 

Thanks 

Brookbank is good. Had a lesson there once with the blonde girl who shoots for the UK olympic team, Abbey something?

Seems that Treetops in Wales has closed down, shame, it was good a while back.

I’m heading to brook bank tomorrow for the first time. Useually go to mendip on a Sunday or Woodspring clay shoot on every other Saturday. Can be found on Facebook near Weston super mare, friendly and cheap they sell Fiocchi carts which I like to use. 

On 07/12/2018 at 13:55, sandspider said:

Brookbank is good. Had a lesson there once with the blonde girl who shoots for the UK olympic team, Abbey something?

Seems that Treetops in Wales has closed down, shame, it was good a while back.

I used to enjoy shooting there too but found the chap that ran it was a bit arsey at times, especially towards the end and the layout didn't change very often. Seem to remember he put his pension fund into the business so that would probably explain his demeanour. That said, it's never good to see a ground close like that.