Pop up camo hide.

ratchers

On 07/12/2018 at 10:50, timmytree said:

I've got a pop up but rarely use it now, too much aggro and next to useless in the wind. The best hide I've ever seen was made from a tilting fishing brolly covered with camo netting.

What Timmytree said all ive ever used stable in the wind and totally waterproof

Got the 45 quid ebay single with built in chair and pockets ,bunnys and squizzers dont like it .Yes theyre cheaply made but do a job, with my largeness sat in it it,s not blowing away anytime soon.It,s easy to use as long as you collapse the chair first .

The zip open hole is a decent field of view and i just chuck a camnet over the open hole .The two pockets easily take a pair of bino,s and a bottle of water /sarnie as we know the easiest way to make a bird land or rise is open a sarnie or light a fag whilst the gun lays at your side 

On 06/12/2018 at 18:22, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, for what type of shooting ?  have a look at these as a pigeon hide, i am thinking on to, flea bay 291130554799

On 06/12/2018 at 16:57, Walker570 said:

I have the Bushwear TeePee and it is spot on until you need to wrestle it back in the bag but that is small beer considering out good it is. Very easy to put up and stake and plenty of room for one shooter, sufficient windows.

Have looked at the TP on the net, they look a bit high compared to the igloo shaped ones, the windows look a bit high to comfortably shoot out of?

14 hours ago, rapid .25 said:

Where abouts are you.?.

North Cumbria mate.

OK, what do you need it for did you say.  Decoying or ambushing ?   If ambushing, that is what I use mine for, then you can easily adjust the various windows with the zips and I added a piece of that fine camo mesh you can see out but is difficult for an animal or bird to see you.  Had munties walk so close I could have stroked 'em.  there are loops all around the TP for attaching additional cover.  I also have an old photo tripod which I modified to take a rifle rest.  The rifle just sits there until I need to shoot and can be turned round at all angles.  I sit well back and only the camoed moderator shows outside the pop up. Lots of tree rats and a fair few munties wish I had never purchased it.  I can honestly say one of the best bits of kit I have ever pirchased.  AS said, getting it back in it's bag is fun!!  I am usually inside a wood so wind has never been a problem.  Out in the open I can see this may be such although there are plenty of attachments to tie down from. The pegs supplied are barely capable but I made some of my own with treads on so I can push them in with my foot

15 hours ago, Walker570 said:

OK, what do you need it for did you say.  Decoying or ambushing ?   If ambushing, that is what I use mine for, then you can easily adjust the various windows with the zips and I added a piece of that fine camo mesh you can see out but is difficult for an animal or bird to see you.  Had munties walk so close I could have stroked 'em.  there are loops all around the TP for attaching additional cover.  I also have an old photo tripod which I modified to take a rifle rest.  The rifle just sits there until I need to shoot and can be turned round at all angles.  I sit well back and only the camoed moderator shows outside the pop up. Lots of tree rats and a fair few munties wish I had never purchased it.  I can honestly say one of the best bits of kit I have ever pirchased.  AS said, getting it back in it's bag is fun!!  I am usually inside a wood so wind has never been a problem.  Out in the open I can see this may be such although there are plenty of attachments to tie down from. The pegs supplied are barely capable but I made some of my own with treads on so I can push them in with my foot

Ambushing squirrels on feeders mainly.

My concern was the windows looked a bit high to shoot comfortably out of compared to a igloo type but as you have a TP you obviously mange ok.

What do you sit on?

Normally my Bergara Stag chair set at normall chair height. I also have a fitting I made as a rifle rest which fits on this chair but the camera tripod allows more ability to move line of fire from window to window....a couple of weeks ago I covered feeders on three out of the four rides in a wood with the 17HMR no problem.  There's normally no rush when a tree rat is on a feeder, so adjusting position is not panic mode.  The fine mesh camo material works very well I hang a piece over each window and cut a slot big enough to shoot through.  Even maggies and jays have flown in very close and not seen me but I can see out easily.  Dark clothing and gloves, have not found a face mask necessary so optional. Movement is what they see, so move when they are not looking and then very slowly. With the rifle already on the rest I therefore keep movement to the minimum.... the old advice...3 Ss to avoid...SHAPE  SHADOW AND SHINE.

Toying with the idea of a pop up hide, but being tighter than a Ducks doodah under water, I've been thinking outside the box and come up with the idea of a camouflage pop up toilet tent - less than 13 squid on a well known auction site and I'm struggling to see why it will not do the same job? Watch this space.....

3 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Toying with the idea of a pop up hide, but being tighter than a Ducks doodah under water, I've been thinking outside the box and come up with the idea of a camouflage pop up toilet tent - less than 13 squid on a well known auction site and I'm struggling to see why it will not do the same job? Watch this space.....

That would work....ingenious !! and somewhere to sit as well.

Work of a genius I reckon - looking for a porta potti to go inside as well as a magazine rack to make me feel at home. Might be see thru but as long as the background is dark that should not be a problem - I also have a really lightweight camo net that I could drape over it but I don't think I will need it, time will tell. If it works then I'm going to start selling them....thinking of calling them "poop up hides"

Edited by bruno22rf