FAC Grant

Has anyone on here had an experience of positive feedback from their FEO, basically being told you have nothing to worry about and then received an issue r=or a refusal from the licencing department? I am based in Scotland 

Second question if you haven't had an issue what have people experiences been of time between application going to the licencing department from the FEO and your certificates arriving?

8 minutes ago, walshie said:

The FEO doesn't make the final decision. That would be the Licensing Manager, but if the FEO said you have nothing to worry about I'd take that as a good sign. :good:

That is exactly what's playing on my mind, I think I am just worried about getting my hopes up. I am worried that just because the FEO has said he has no concerns doesn't mean that the licencing manager wont find something

21 minutes ago, walshie said:

The FEO doesn't make the final decision. That would be the Licensing Manager, but if the FEO said you have nothing to worry about I'd take that as a good sign. :good:

+1 just relax, you are going to give yourself anxiety if you carry on thinking like this 😀

Edited by blackbird

23 minutes ago, CityTurnedCountryMan said:

That is exactly what's playing on my mind, I think I am just worried about getting my hopes up. I am worried that just because the FEO has said he has no concerns doesn't mean that the licencing manager wont find something

Unless you have a dark past, or a medical issue, and your security is good.
There should be no issue, the FEO prepares a report, which is then passed on to the FLM , this is the part that takes the time usually.

A long delay means nothing.

Just now, Rewulf said:

Unless you have a dark past, or a medical issue, and your security is good.
There should be no issue, the FEO prepares a report, which is then passed on to the FLM , this is the part that takes the time usually.

A long delay means nothing.

I declared a medical issue but the FEO had no issues with it. I also did a full medical report and all seemed fine. Just a little worried that the licencing team may not agree 

2 hours ago, CityTurnedCountryMan said:

Has anyone on here had an experience of positive feedback from their FEO, basically being told you have nothing to worry about and then received an issue r=or a refusal from the licencing department? I am based in Scotland 

Second question if you haven't had an issue what have people experiences been of time between application going to the licencing department from the FEO and your certificates arriving?

Not sure what you mean by “an issue r=or a refusal from the licensing department”

Have you have received a letter/email from the licensing department notifying you of refusal since the FEO visit?

1 minute ago, old'un said:

Not sure what you mean by “an issue r=or a refusal from the licensing department”

Have you have received a letter/email from the licensing department notifying you of refusal since the FEO visit?

No the FEO emailed me today to say that he has submitted the application to the licencing department 

8 minutes ago, CityTurnedCountryMan said:

No the FEO emailed me today to say that he has submitted the application to the licencing department 

Yep, sorry I miss read it, don’t think you have anything to worry about, its just a case of waiting now.:good:

46 minutes ago, old'un said:

Yep, sorry I miss read it, don’t think you have anything to worry about, its just a case of waiting now.:good:

Thanks for the reassurance. All the waiting! You tend to sit and think what if this or what if that and everything has gone so smoothly so far I a almost waiting for something to go wrong 

lol - everything you are saying is pretty much a play by play of my application i.e. declared a condition, was told it should be ok by the FEO as long as the docs report matches my declaration (which it does) and now waiting around wondering.  Currently been about two and a half weeks since they should have received the doctors report.  I have asked the FEO to confirm receipt of the report and should hopefully get confirmation tomorrow.

So, rest assured you are not alone in your musings.

Good luck.

30 minutes ago, Jongwe said:

lol - everything you are saying is pretty much a play by play of my application i.e. declared a condition, was told it should be ok by the FEO as long as the docs report matches my declaration (which it does) and now waiting around wondering.  Currently been about two and a half weeks since they should have received the doctors report.  I have asked the FEO to confirm receipt of the report and should hopefully get confirmation tomorrow.

So, rest assured you are not alone in your musings.

Good luck.

Make sure and drop me a PM and let me know how your application progresses. What did you apply for?