Brexit? This is much more important.

JDog

My cereals in the morning wouldn't be the same without honey. No more sticky spoons but squeeze the plastic container. How easy is that?

There is though a problem. When honey crystalizes it ceases to be 'runny honey' and it stays stubbornly in the container. Microwaving does not appear to solve the problem. Are there any genii out there who can solve this?

thumbnail_20181206_172214_resized.jpg

A few seconds in the microwave does it for me.

Depends on the source of the nectar the bees collected. Rape is the worst for crystallising. So much so, that you have to do a snatch and run from the hive to the extractor before it crystallises and makes it impossible to remove. Rape honey is the Bain of beekeepers lives.

Edited by moondoggy
Writing more

Use warm water from the tap, not the kettle. Keep repeating the process until all the crystals disappear.

Store your honey where it is warm. Honey will crystallise quicker when it is cold.

It is very important not to overheat your honey. Too much heat will ruin the honey and it will only be suitable for baking.

15 minutes ago, JDog said:

My cereals in the morning wouldn't be the same without honey. No more sticky spoons but squeeze the plastic container. How easy is that?

There is though a problem. When honey crystalizes it ceases to be 'runny honey' and it stays stubbornly in the container. Microwaving does not appear to solve the problem. Are there any genii out there who can solve this?

thumbnail_20181206_172214_resized.jpg

Ha ha, we've all been there, Rowse certainly does crystallize easily, I've done the hot water, microwave. I think its down to storage temperature?

2 hours ago, Harnser said:

We know a man who could sort out a gizmo to make your honey flow .

harnser

now that fat sarah has gone ...i have a pre-loved machine available at a very small cost................

aahhhh please yer self....only trying to help

Edited by ditchman