Dash cam's

Stephen-H

7 hours ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

A Dash Cam won't stop bad drivers, plod on the roads might though.

l drive 20 miles to one of my permissions on a regular basis and never see a police vehicle on the roads, and we wonder why there's urban crime.

It's more for if I get bumped into etc for insurance purposes 

2 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

Nextbase ones, sold in Halfords, and 25% off at the moment.

Thanks I will check it out 

1 hour ago, Diss4111 said:

I got mine off ebay, it was about £25 and works well at night too. I saved £60 off my insurance premium by having it

Really sounds good I didn't realise insurance company's would consider lowering the price of insurance for people who have them fitted. Learn something new everyday 

5 minutes ago, Stephen-H said:

It's more for if I get bumped into etc for insurance purposes 

Thanks I will check it out 

Really sounds good I didn't realise insurance company's would consider lowering the price of insurance for people who have them fitted. Learn something new everyday 

My insurance company were not interested when I told them that I had one fitted.

8 hours ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

A Dash Cam won't stop bad drivers, plod on the roads might though.

l drive 20 miles to one of my permissions on a regular basis and never see a police vehicle on the roads, and we wonder why there's urban crime.

WHY do you think there is almost anarchy on our roads  ?   Speed limits, well forget them,  Driving down pavements to avoid a vehicle turning right,  Give way, well, only if you have nothing better to do !  Red lights, well they are only a guide anyway, EVERY queue, drivers with heads bowed, presumably in prayer  ? (well, they can not ALL be checking their testicles  ?).  I have just finished a 200 mile drive home, how many Police vehicles  ?  Well, just one, and that was PARKED on a dual carriageway bridge, with a radar gun ? 

Insurance Companies aside, WHAT the camera can help you with is,  the 'crash for cash' scams. A relation, in her 70's has just been scammed by someone reversing into the front of her car and driving off. She did not get the reg. no. and 2 weeks later the Insurance letter arrived.  He had obviously taken her reg. no. and claimed it was her who drove off, he produced an independent witness, who just happened to be standing at the roadside AND although he was alone in the car, injuries occurred to him and his PASSENGER. Her Insurance has settled the claim !  Perhaps a camera may have produced a different outcome  ??? 

10 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

512 is very good.👍

Thank you for that.

It is so far, a toss up between the 312 and the 512.

The 312 currently has a deal supplied with anti glare lens, 16gb micro sd card and case for £99.

If I go for the 512, I would probably get a 32gb micro sd card. I assume the higher resolution would benefit from more storage?

3 hours ago, moondoggy said:

Thank you for that.

It is so far, a toss up between the 312 and the 512.

The 312 currently has a deal supplied with anti glare lens, 16gb micro sd card and case for £99.

If I go for the 512, I would probably get a 32gb micro sd card. I assume the higher resolution would benefit from more storage?

I have a 32gb card in mine which is ample for my needs.