The Admirable Gordon R

ditchman

This man needs embarassing so im going to do it..

so much social media is a double edged sword...it is a force for good and a force for evil.................

over a period of time...on a site such as this....people fill in the blanks and eventually find out what makes you tick..........most people know i get my tools from Lidl's and Aldi's on the "thurs when its gone its gone deals".............and usually they are alright....i got a socket set from there but the 3/8ths drive was rubbish...(the switch kept moving)....and i have mentioned in passing that i have to make my own big sockets and spanners.............

well i should have kept my gob shut.:lol:

Gordon R.....(tool tarte extrordinaire),..............man of 58 ratchits,,,....i kid you not....mails me and says he is having a clear out...and wants my address so he can suplement my tool supply............................................

............................door bell goes this afternoon

this is what is delivered................

isnt that a nice thing to do..................Mark Zukenberge take note...this is how social media works

Thanks Gordon....a knife will be coming your way...........

PS the rachet aint there...cause it is inj the socket box...:good:

gordon r 001tn_.JPG

7 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

This sort of thing is exactly what Pigeon Watch should be about.

Well done Gordon and Simon.

Good to see another member of the Best Norfolk Bespoke Knife Club.

oohhhh......i like that.............very "catchy"..

I am a bit embarrassed. I have read Simon's threads where he has been repairing and manufacturing machines, gadgets, knives etc and marvelled at the ingenuity and craftsmanship. I can bodge with almost the best, but he is different league and I am not afraid to admit it.

I have more spanners than I can point a stick at, having recently bought another 200 job lot to go with the stuff I already have. Much as I like hoarding, I don't need ten 23mms, ten 25mms, ten 28mms - never even used one - ever. I get satisfaction knowing they are going to a better home and my garage will eventually get straight.

I nearly bought another tool trolley and a roll cab -today - they were going at the right money. Despite having three roll cabs, .five top boxes, one middle section and a trolley, I convinced myself I would find room. Overtaken by events, they were sold at 9.00am this morning - despite being advertised at 10.00pm yesterday. I missed out on a trip to Blackpool as well.

I need professional help.:lol:

That’s a nice gesture Gordon . You have made a very nice man happier. It’s so nice to see the better side of pigeon watch and not the moaning and bitching side . Looks like you will be joining the exclusive ditchman knife club and a nicer gift you will not receive . 

Harnser

2 hours ago, Gordon R said:

I am a bit embarrassed. I have read Simon's threads where he has been repairing and manufacturing machines, gadgets, knives etc and marvelled at the ingenuity and craftsmanship. I can bodge with almost the best, but he is different league and I am not afraid to admit it.

I have more spanners than I can point a stick at, having recently bought another 200 job lot to go with the stuff I already have. Much as I like hoarding, I don't need ten 23mms, ten 25mms, ten 28mms - never even used one - ever. I get satisfaction knowing they are going to a better home and my garage will eventually get straight.

I nearly bought another tool trolley and a roll cab -today - they were going at the right money. Despite having three roll cabs, .five top boxes, one middle section and a trolley, I convinced myself I would find room. Overtaken by events, they were sold at 9.00am this morning - despite being advertised at 10.00pm yesterday. I missed out on a trip to Blackpool as well.

I need professional help.

Nearly bought more tools 😅😅😅 very nice of you to pass on stuff you don't need, but you may need sn intervention.

And you didn't miss much not going to Blackpool although the M55 is nice when it's quiet 

5 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Excellent work! I missed out on a Myford lathe this morning, didn’t know I wanted one until I saw it for sale!

14 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Its interesting, my brother is a tool hoarder, he has been for years. There ought to be a medical name for it and therapy available on the NHS because it definitely can be obsessive.