a wet day

yickdaz

the day started off bright and windy and high hopes of making a bag, I chat regulary with a member on here who shoots the same farm as us  were the rape is  he had been watching them in the week and  said birds are on 3 or 4 different fields so we planned to meet up and then split up on different fields  to keep them moving  after watching birds flighting in the wind onto the rape  we got set up 10.45 am started off well birds decoyed straight in to static decoys and it looked good then it clouded over and started to rain it went on like this for 3 hrs and the birds came every 10 to 15  mins or so until 2pm then it started heaving it down sat it out for 30 mins to see if it would clear up it never did shot a few more in rain then that was it we had enough everything was soaked **** law the moment we got back to the car it stopped   ended with a very soggy 27 pigeons  and our mate had 26 so very similar to our day

also a pic from last sat on the rape picked 30 

961173437_IMG_20181208_144710(600x800).jpg.e2fb05e743a51e5039257b3f32d38ef7.jpg1754786214_IMG_20181201_151357(600x800).jpg.ed1bda84c6f128e0d4c58216c3d3fdf4.jpg

Edited by yickdaz

1 minute ago, aga man said:

Nice to see you are still bagging a few Daz, barely touching the rape here as yet. Are you still shooting with steel?

today I used steel as I had an order for steel shot birds in the week, last week and the week before I was using the hushpower with lead 

5 minutes ago, yickdaz said:

today I used steel as I had an order for steel shot birds in the week, last week and the week before I was using the hushpower with lead 

:good: been using lead myself for a while now as supplying a guy who supplies posh diners, but may well be back on steel in the spring.

47 minutes ago, 7daysinaweek said:

All power there YD

It has been tossing it down all day and can  believe that you got well and truly saturated in them deluges.

Cracking bag all the same.

Would you believe we had a dry windy day  , no rain until after we had finished the last drive , sorted the game out and on the way home at 3.30 and then we got a fine drizzle , although we have had some heavy showers tonight ,

Well done to yickdaz for sticking the rain out and ending up with a decent bag of pigeons , Well deserved .

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

Would you believe we had a dry windy day  , no rain until after we had finished the last drive , sorted the game out and on the way home at 3.30 and then we got a fine drizzle , although we have had some heavy showers tonight ,

Well done to yickdaz for sticking the rain out and ending up with a decent bag of pigeons , Well deserved .

You have been fortunate with the weather MM, It really has not stopped here, on finishing my second lager and lime in the comfort of my armchair I could have sworn I saw someone pass my front window in a canoe 😁