Fiber shotcups 3"& 31/2"

figgy

45 minutes ago, figgy said:

Interesting views on range.

If I had to limit my shots to 25 meters max for geese most seasons I'd never pull the trigger.

Glad we can have larger shot sizes.

Hehe,,, well It is the ethical recommended distance, not the law.. fortunately.

In Denmark, most hunters use Decoys and Calls to bring the geese in close

Yes... I would love to have, #B and BBs in steel. That would be good.
But... the other greenorganisations is against that,  because they believe we will shoot too long distance and thus wing two many. In Denmark.

I believe this is the reason and argument to keep it the way it is. We have as hunteres worked hard to reduce gees with hail in there body.  If we did not get these numbers down we would lose or reduce violently in the hunt of geese back in the 1990s.

Quote: from a survey that is done on a regular basis

In April 2016, 351 short-hauled geese were captured in three days' catch with cannon-net. X-rays that reveal whether the birds have hail in the body after hunting showed that among the young birds who only experienced one hunting season, 4 out of 100 subjects (4%) had hail in the body. Among the older birds, 45 out of 251 (17%) had hail in the body. This is a slight decrease compared to 2015, when a similar catch found hail among 6% of the young and 19% of the older birds (the difference is, however, not statistically significant). However, in comparison to the 1990s, this is a marked decline, since there were then hail in the body in 25% of the young and 36% of the older birds.

Edited by Carsten Holm Clausen

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, figgy said:

Are the x-rays and data taken from domestic geese or migratory geese populations ?

It's migratory pink-footed goose. Of the total number of the harvest geese. probably 70% of this is shot in Denmark, and 25% in Norway as I remember it.
Norway may use bigger shots and lead than Denmark

The migration is from Svalbart to Norway / Sweden through Denmark, Germany and Holland.

Can anyone tell me why the link does not work ???

You can read more about this here:
http://pinkfootedgoose.aewa.info/species_action_plan

Edited by Carsten Holm Clausen