Crow Call Out

pigeon controller

I had a call on Sunday to shoot the crows on some growing wheat, I arranged to go today after looking after the horse. So I arrived at the field at approx 11.00 and not a crow in sight. I looked at the wind direction and decided to set my hide against a long wood which runs the length of the field. I try and set my pattern up wind so the birds come to the pattern into the wind and not past my hide, I had been watching some videos of crow shooting and they all rated a lofted crow as a sentry so I had bought my lofting poles to try it.  So the hide was built and I started calling and straight away I had birds coming from the back of me out tof the wood, within ten minutes I had a dozen birds so I set them out and lofted one in a overhanging tree. It looked a bit ungainly but it seemed to work. I kept adding decoys till I had approx twenty as I find if you max out they tend to cry off. I had started shooting at 11.45 and continued till 15.30 and finished with ninetyfour in total. I might try the sentry method again as it did tend to bring me birds fro the back of me as if they spotted it through the wood. 

100-3242.jpg

The set up from the hide
100-3244.jpg

94 corvids

2 hours ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Top work that pc.

Is the lofting pole telescopic and how is the bird held up on the end?

atb

7diaw

Yes it's a telescopic paint roller on which I have added further poles in diminishing diameters. I have two of these and have made a connector so they can extend each other. The top is like a pigeon cradle but I have angled it to be more upright.