Supposedly lost parcel

kennett

Morning all, sent a pair of Meindl boots with parcel force on next day delivery at the beginning of the month.

According to tracking it was delivered and signed for the next day, with a scan of the signature showing up on the website. However, the buyer is claiming he never had it, what do I do now?

We suffered a similar situation last year at work. When asked for proof the post Office came back with a signature and surname of none of us at work. They maintained the package had been delivered and signed for because there was a name and signature. Not really up to much. We now use the more expensive system but I have little faith in that either. 

25 minutes ago, snow white said:

I was waiting for ipad to come seen van go up drive to farm house then come back down when i went up to farm driver had droped it of in porch and signed is machine his self i phoned up p.force and made a complaint not heard anythink since thats been 6 months ago

Had a courier leave a parcel on my door step in the rain the other day.

12 minutes ago, Jongwe said:

Had a courier leave a parcel on my door step in the rain the other day.

Ours are friendly & reliable,one left a card last week as we were out,he drove past later in the day, saw we were in & knocked on door to deliver, just luck of the draw I suppose.

2 minutes ago, guzzicat said:

just luck of the draw I suppose

Definitely as sometimes they try to deliver next door when the weather isn't good (which they didn't in this case even though they made a delivery next door).  My nosey neighbour watched the whole thing - lol

2 hours ago, kennett said:

Morning all, sent a pair of Meindl boots with parcel force on next day delivery at the beginning of the month.

According to tracking it was delivered and signed for the next day, with a scan of the signature showing up on the website. However, the buyer is claiming he never had it, what do I do now?

Was it an eBay transaction?

Having it signed for covers you as far as they are concerned, in my past experience. 

1 hour ago, hod said:

Was it an eBay transaction?

Having it signed for covers you as far as they are concerned, in my past experience

Sold through a group on Facebook, I have the receipt of postage and a screenshot of the Parcel force delivery page with signature so I would hope I can prove I'm not at fault

this is what happensed when the postman tried to tuck me up.

i purchased a book from ebay which cost £2 at the same time i sold an item on ebay so was waiting for payment via post,

book arrives which i had to sign for,no sign of ebay payment?,

i got in touch with buyer which i was waiting for payment from,

buyer says i've received payment because i had signed for it and they sent tracking number,i checked tracking no. and there was my signature,

what the postman had done was peeled off the "signed for" sticker from the envelope containing payment and stuck it on the book i had received so making look as if i had received payment,very cunning:mad:

8 hours ago, Jongwe said:

Definitely as sometimes they try to deliver next door when the weather isn't good (which they didn't in this case even though they made a delivery next door).  My nosey neighbour watched the whole thing - lol

We take in all sorts for neighbours and get stuff left out of the rain thankfully, also normally watched by a nosey neighbour 😃 

5 hours ago, andrewluke said:

what the postman had done was peeled off the "signed for" sticker from the envelope containing payment and stuck it on the book i had received so making look as if i had received payment,very cunning

sneaky beep!

Had two books in cardboard sleves thrown over gate at the side of our house... during heavy rain. It was delivered by a pair of tracksuit wearing lowered vw golf driving "professionals"! Luckily no damage as water didnt make it through to the books but if they were left any longer would have been ruined.

On 11/12/2018 at 06:35, kennett said:

We had this and this is what we did to avoid a credit card chargeback. In our case the recipient stated he was carded and says the delivery driver said the item was in the back garden however the item was signed for in his name. Firstly we said he needed to contact the police for a crime number as it was needed to make a claim against the insurance ( I lied but said anyway ). Then you need to contact parcelforce and open a claim stating the recipient says he has not recieved it. Parcelforce will send the recipient a form to complete. If and when they receive the completed for m back you will get compensation. If the recipient does not complete the form there is then an implied admission that they have indeed received the item. In our case the recipient did neither and we were not subjected to a chargeback as a result of there attempts to gain a free item by fraudulent means. 

In your case PayPal will probably rule in your favour as you have a signature but with paypal you never know.

1 minute ago, sportsbob said:

We had this and this is what we did to avoid a credit card chargeback. In our case the recipient stated he was carded and says the delivery driver said the item was in the back garden however the item was signed for in his name. Firstly we said he needed to contact the police for a crime number as it was needed to make a claim against the insurance ( I lied but said anyway ). Then you need to contact parcelforce and open a claim stating the recipient says he has not recieved it. Parcelforce will send the recipient a form to complete. If and when they receive the completed for m back you will get compensation. If the recipient does not complete the form there is then an implied admission that they have indeed received the item. In our case the recipient did neither and we were not subjected to a chargeback as a result of there attempts to gain a free item by fraudulent means. 

In your case PayPal will probably rule in your favour as you have a signature but with paypal you never know.

Sounds like the best solution to me.