Waders

Ttfjlc

Evening all, for the past few days I've been looking for a cheap pair of waders, does anyone wear waist waders nowadays? I ask because most of my fowling requires a nice walk and I cook in my neoprene chesties, saw some pvc waders from decathlon but wasn't sure if you end up just as hot as neoprene? 

10 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

No such thing as cheap waders. 

Good Call..

Id suggest waders are best viewed as an investment.. in the last 12 years my vizion icon waders and two pairs of boots (due some more please Santa) have cost me about £30 per year and the waders are still great.

Go for breathable waders and boots and you can always layer to keep warm

I have a cheap chest waders by Ron Thompson from go outdoor and they're seven years old still going strong.

My Cabela's big man neoprene chest waders only come out when it's around zero degrees as even a walk of a few hundred yards and climbing around has you getting hot and sticky. Great for sitting a couple hours in.

Vass with the knee pads and being thick are very good if they fit you. Will last decades.

I wore the Hybrid waders for the first time yesterday, it made the walk carrying a ruck sack with decoys ,hide etc much easier than with the usual rubber waders, i was'nt wet with sweat at the end of the day and the fleece hand warmer pocket was absolutely brilliant as it was chilly in the breeze.

• 1 month later...

I find the nylon waders by Shakespeare or Ron Thompson good. Bought a pair from Aldi once and they were ripped to shreds in minutes. It’s a long wait in the dark when your feet and tackle are soaking wet, but perhaps that’s part of the fun. Most years I take two of everything, gun, waders, bags, sense of humour and of course salty snacks.